Microbrain tries to create a microscope light

You don’t have to worry about the wattage capability of the driver being higher. The aforementioned driver is a constant current driver, it regulates the current, and will provide up to 1 Amp to the LED. The digikey page for your SunLuck led says 1.44A max current. (The link to the datasheet bounces.) The drivers operating voltage range of 25.2 ~ 42V looks suitable for a 36v nominal LED.

Because of the way microscope lighthing is designed (Kohler lighting), the light source must be fairly small. You may get away with a COB but for me it would make more sense to go for a small high brightness power led, i.e. a high CRI Samsung LH351D at 5A should get you a brightness comparable to the 100W halogen and will have a better chance to work for microscope lighting than a COB led.

I know it would be better to use a smaller emitter, but they aren't available at this output & at this CRI & R9 (at least not without chaining enough of them to make it pointless.)

Found these interesting "double-TIR" optics designed for COBs. I reckon I'll buy a bunch of lenses and reflectors, spraybottle test the beam of the lamphouse, and try to replicate it with some combo of optics.