Mini review of the Liitokala Lii-500 Analyzing Charger

my 2nd order came $21 (took a long time) and its even better i am glad to say they are making small improvements that are significant
one thing i notice is the slide mechanism to insert batteries is smoother then the 1st version and is a welcome improvement as compared to the early 1st version the slide is not as smooth

it now comes with a patent # and trademark logo printed on it

thank you
Poster

Good to hear! do you have pictures of the new version? Did you order using the aliexpress link above?

here is the seller i bought from that sent me the newer version http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-New-Liitokala-lii500-LCD-Charger-for-3-7V-18650-26650-18500-Cylindrical-Lithium-Batteries-1/32363869902.html

its just like in the posted pictures of this seller

if you look you might find it for less

bg sells it for 25,47 including car adapter…
(use Code BLF)

non-aff! link: LiitoKala Lii-500 Lithium- und NiMH-Akku LCD Smartest Charger Sale - Banggood Deutschland-arrival notice-arrival notice

is that the newer version?

Hi Martin,

How about an AFF (yours) link with a lower price for this charger?

That would be nice :slight_smile:
-Chuck

Slide mechanism is really smooth, its way better than my VP1.
I bought mine from GearBest and it’s a version with patent number and logo.
Really happy with this charger :slight_smile:

Can somebody explain how bad is for NiMh when charging stops early as HKJ reported?
Do we just wear battery faster and loose some capacity? Any other disadvantages?

I do have another charger for NiMh but I wanna carry only Lii-500 when traveling.
So far I’ve charged some old NiMh AA pulls (Sanyo) from Motorola walkie-talkie and it seams fine.
I still haven’t tried to charge my better NiMh though…

Early stop is not bad for NiMH, it will probably extend the lifetime of them, but you do get less capacity.

Thanks for the explanation HKJ.

Now I feel more confident in using Lii-500 with NiMh :slight_smile:

i now have 4 of the Lii-500 and just ordered 2 more due to the low price of $18.83 each with an order of 2
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Liitokala-lii500-LCD-3-7V-1-2V-AA-AAA-18650-26650-16340-14500-10440-18500-Battery/32455363619.html

i am not connected to this seller in any way BUT i did order 2 pcs from them

enjoy

39-60 days shipping to the US, with no other options?

Really?

-Chuck

I ordered one from GB, but they said theres high demand for it and it will take up to two weeks for it to get back in stock due to manufacturing speeds.

some from israel

Hjk did you test this latest version of the charger (with the print out in the back) out some earlier revision?

I am wondering if they improved nimh charging so that the cells are fully charged and the capacity is more accurate.

Also Hjk do you know if this charged only uses voltage detection for nimh or does it also use delta detection like most chargers?

Poster did you test nimh batteries and did you have any problems with it?

Since the thread just got active again…

Have you looked inside the car adapter to see if it regulates the incoming voltage at all?

I probably tested the first version (if there are more versions) of this charger, I bought it fairly soon after it was released.

The one I tested did voltage termination on all the NiMH I tested with.

I have not seen any 12V car adapters with electronic inside.

The listing for this charger says :
“overload and over discharge, short circuit, temperature, voltage 0 V role is enabled, (& Delta; 0 & V and Delta; V), 1.65 B 2.2 B can not be charged, intelligent recognition and reversal of bad battery detection protection battery.”

Is the voltage 0 V role is enabled, (& Delta; 0 & V and Delta; V) referring to Lions or is it also for Nimh?
If its fornimh then it means they would’ve upgraded the charger and it would possibly not use voltage detection for nimh right?

Many chargers has both -dv/dt and voltage termination, but if the voltage termination is placed at a low value you will never see the -dv/dt in function.

The car charger input voltage is 12V, 1A.

Is this enough to allow 4 cells charge at 1A?

No.