mod: Wide-Spectrum SRK w/ BLF Driver

Oops.

I finally started writing some new firmware for momentary-switch lights today, using my SRK as a test host. Things were going well until I managed to break one of the switch wires. I guess I should have made those longer after all…

At least it’s an easy fix. I wonder if my 22AWG wire will be thin enough, or if I need to find something smaller.

For the momentary switch, you can use very thin wires 28-32 ga, it’s not passing current but a simple ground signal, the wires to the emitters, those are carrying heavy current and need to be thick to prevent losses

wrestling with clip on tiny 13? Where’s all that 26-28AWG wire when you need just a bit? Any stores in your area on Sunday? Lowes or such may work if you don’t do with 24awg.

GL

When the situation gets rough in that way I tend to look to old IDE cables from computers. The wires are all joined together and you just peel off however many you need! (still joined up if desired)

idea for you and I that do have old IDE cables around. I have some of my heirloom scuzzy cables ready to throw away but have serious pack rat disease.

Well have to see if Toykeeper is part pack rat…

Oh, hey, I hadn’t thought about splitting up some old computer cables. I knew I didn’t need anything thick, but didn’t have any thinner wire laying around… however, I have a lot of old computer cables to cannibalize. Roughly an entire 18-gallon tub full, actually.

Although I started with 384 bytes free for new code and removed a bunch I didn’t need, I’m already down to just 10 bytes left and have a lot of things left to do. I hope I’ll be able to get this working without the need for a bigger MCU.