mods: Spiderfire EDC rocket twins :-)

I sent a message, yesterday, to FT asking if the flashlight was in stock or no, and that if it wasn’t I would cancel my order and ask for refund.

This was the (inconclusive) answer:

So…I guess I will have to wait and see what I will get, but it wasn’t confirmed or denied that the flashlight was out of stock :+1:

Or maybe I will get another message meanwhile. First time dealing with FT, so I don’t know what to expect :zipper_mouth_face:

After a week in conversations with Fasttech, here’s what I got yesterday about this flashlight:

So, no news! It is discontinued, and finally it is marked as so in their store!

But, during the conversations I also got this messages:

:person_facepalming: :person_facepalming: :person_facepalming:

So, since the “it is not ready for ship”, passing by the “it will arrive tomorrow”, finally we have a conclusion that it “is discontinued”!

I asked for total refund of my order…

Thanks djozz, again, and sorry for all the stuff on this thread. At least now the chapter is closed… :arrow_right:

:smiley: :beer:

But now: is there a worthy replacement? That is: as small, and easy moddable, with 17mm driver and 16mm ledboard.

Hum, not as small, I guess :weary:
I’ll check what I’ll do when I get the refund from them! But that would be the best option probably!

It’s a shame the manufacturers don’t do that one anymore. :cry:

Lol! I ordered a DQG 26650 flashlight from Fasttech, and this munchkin is what I received in its place. Have them check that bin.

Inspired by the revival of this thread I bought this Singfire from dx (they always have loads of old stock at dx :slight_smile: ).

https://www.dx.com/p/singfire-sf-329b-cree-xr-e-q5-180lm-3-mode-white-flashlights-black-1-x-16340-281853#.W5LyhqhNe2d

Somewhat bigger than the Spiderfire but Singfire always was ok quality.

Well, Fasttech made the refund, I added some money to that and went for an On The Road M1 :smiley: :partying_face: Seemed more consistent than the B311, even being slightly bigger and larger!
Let’s see if it worths it :wink:

The M1 looks really nice. I have an M3, with e-switch, is nice too but you can not easily swap the driver like with the M1 (UI is nice though).

Yup, that’s the reason why I never bought the M3, despite it is an amazing light! I will replace the driver when I get it and then I’ll see about the emitter, but I guess it will be changed as well!
But the M1 is what I look for a tail switch light! Wish it had space for a Forward switch but I’ll live with a reverse :smiley: