Money UV marks detection capabilities of some UV lights

big guy in big mind,can not touch how rich the knowledge he has in Flashlights~

Hmm, this is how it really should look like: http://www.bundesbank.de/bargeld/bargeld_falschgeld_50euro.en.php#nogo which is quite close to your picture without the glasses (the picture you linked above from bundesbank seems to be quite misleading).

Wait a second, are you trying to convince me to buy an IR drop-in? 'cause you're doing it right... ;)

I guess the output depend on the light. Maybe a 10W 365nm with UV filter on the camera will produce the image I linked to, and lower powered lights without the filter produce the one you linked to.

And, umm...

Thanks? not sure what you meant there.

The picture I linked is exactly how it would look with a (real) Nichia power-LED so I'm not sure it would look some other way with 10W but who knows...

I thought about the IR too but you probably need an IR camera (or infrared display unit as they call it) to see it?

Anyway I ordered the Tank too, even though it will be my most expensive flashlight ever and I don't even care that much for EURO currency...

Got my sku 6607 from manafont a couple of weeks ago.
Now I don't have any euro bills but I tried it on our swedish bills with very similar results as the Taiwan 3W 380nm in the first post.
It's also not much help when locating organic fluids, bugs and similar stuff.
I also found out that the led was only held in place by the wires, not good for heat dissipation I guess.
Here is the best macro I could get with my old camera

So it seems I won't buy it.

For now, at least... :)

I wouldn't worry too much about heat dissipation, these LEDs usually operate in the range of a couple hundred milliamps.

Yeah I think mine was only around 400mA if I remember correctly :)

Just a little update with a better macro shot and with the led running in moon mode :)

Very nice photo :)

Cool pic fonzeka.