MTN FET driver thermal step down issue? - Problem Resolved

Measure the voltage like I said. only two hardware things can be wrong the trace or the resistors(blue squares). If you have correct voltage than its probably the software…

What’s the white spot on the C1 mark on above picture? Is that trace cut or so?

Will do, thanks…

White spot on the C1 mark is probably damage caused by me trying to take the driver out of the pill. I’m not sure when that happened. Maybe I accidentally cut or damaged the trace from the resistors to the pin #7?

Problem is solved, can’t thank all of you guys enough. This is a great forum with lots of patience and knowledge, it is a privilege to be part of a BLF community.

I started with this simple solution and it worked. I resoldered all the contacts and ran it for full five minutes without any issue. I even got better max Amp reading so it must have been bad solder point between pill and drivers ground ring. Looks like driver is fine and my soldering skills could be better.

Sorry to bring this post up again but it seems that I was unfortunate with tests that I have done outside the pill. Somehow during my test driver worked just fine and it’s not working properly again. I tried everything I could possibly think of with the tests and it seems that some portion of trace is damaged.

Werner did notice this before but since the driver was working I thought it was ok and wasn’t paying attention to it.

Can I bypass this trace with the piece of wire? Don’t know from which element (resistor) to which MCU pin. Please help.

See my avatar pic? Right over there?

<--------

Shine a light from the backside, it makes the traces visible.

Oh my. Thanks chomfychair. Looks like trace is cut from R1 to pin No. 7.

Problem solved, driver is working properly. I Soldered 26 AWG wire from R1 to pin No.7 of the MCU. Thanks to everyone again.