My Collection

VFMaddict -

The phallic looking gold light at far right is a 2C Homart Flood /Spot Bullet Light from 1950. In addition to turning on the light, the switch also moves the bulb/assembly relative to the reflector. It has "Flood" and "Spot" settings ahead of the switch. It is a complete light but currently inoperative, needs restoration and the lens is cracked. It's actually more silver in real life.

The aspheric to the left of the Homart is an Eveready nickel plated brass 2D from 1913. I see from FlashlightMuseum.com that this lens might also be called a "Walleye" lens. It is also inoperative and in need of restoration. I have some vague notion of either restoring some of these old guys or doing the equivalent of dropping a crate motor in a '55 Chevy. I'd love to do a triple XM-Lectomy in the big brass Homart 3D on the left.

Foy

JohnnyMac -

They're just normal 2 x AA Mini-Mags but the black one is not exactly normal anymore.

The silver-with-a-black-cap Mini-Mag donated its cap and head to the black-with-a-silver-cap to distinguish the latter following a Match-Mod Mini-Mag conversion. A while back, Match posted instructions to convert the ubiquitous Mini Mag into a little pocket rocket. So, I went to True Value and bought a big a$$ drill bit and bored that bad boy out to fit a P60 pill.

There's a thread somewhere with a few pictures but here it is with the P7 I first used.

Match-Mod Mini P7 on the left and a normal Mini-Mag on the right. The P7 didn't work as well as I'd hoped because it was a 4.2 volt max so I swapped in an 8 volt R5 for use with a couple of 14500s and that's when it became a wow light. I need to take some pics but trust me when I say, if you want to wake up that forgotten Mini-Mag in the back of the junk drawer, this is a fun build for a beginer.

matchisthemanFoy

I have 2 more wall chargers and a NIMH and NiCD charger.

This is awesome. I love seeing everybody's collections.

gen -

That's a lot of real nice lights. My good-light-to-trash ratio is about 50/50, yours looks to be nearly 100% good.

Foy

The more you buy, the lower the good-crap ratio gets.

Speaking as someone who owns quite a lot of lights.

But I have a lot of fun finding out which ones are crap.