My first Mod

Thank you will PM you now :slight_smile:

Yes the autosol does leave a smooth protective coating so guess it would protect it from the elements. but it will get a quick polish every now and then :wink:

I think my biggest concern with unprotected aluminum is the black reside that comes off in the hand during use. I suppose a good wax would prevent that but would require regular maintenance.

Yes it does leave a wax coating you can feel it, and no black on your hands once itโ€™s polished.
Here is what Autosol says

This incomparably superior, quality metal polish is our most popular product. It has won three international gold medals and is recommended by manufacturers, museums and restoration experts around the world. It safely and easily removes oxidation, corrosion, stains, and rust and bluing on pipes from exhaust heat. It produces a brilliant reflective luster and leaves an invisible wax coating to ensure a long-lasting shine.

I have been using Autosol and swear by it. If your not sure try it on a test piece. It polishes better with a soft cloth with very little effort. I use two cloths. The first one which is filthy black for the initial work and the second to give it the final shine.