my version of a 100 watt led flashlight

i’m watching

kinda contradict the title of this post

Just got the special meter, and it does sorta prove the point… peaking at 60 watts right now, but due to the 12volt 4.5ah gell cell battery I’m using for testing, so I need a better battery, looking at a lifepo4 12 7-9ah battery. may go up a cell, but I’d need a different fan. might switch to 24 volt battery setup instead, dont know yet.

I loved the 105 howitzer, it was a blast to shoot.

know where I can get a empty brass shell from one cheaply?
cheapest I’ve found so far is $75 from france

You just reminded me that I own one, I had forgotten all about it.

I don’t want to sell mine, but looking at it now, I can see that it could use a good cleanup.

Find a live shell and whack the bottom with a hammer… it will empty itself. J) Oh, and we want video of the process… :party:

nice, if you find someone with a spare let me know…

that would be even harder to find :slight_smile: and I think you would need nail too :slight_smile:

This site has some for sale.

thanks brad, I will check it out… maybe I can find something suitable :slight_smile:

got a minghe bst400 400 watt digital boost CC thingy, I’ll take pictures soon, this is if the 100 watt converter doesnt meet my needs… might make my own 4 cell lifepo4 pack with a BMS for it. it might be cheaper but it will be more along the size I need for this light.

I am mighty curious to see how this turns out. Looks pretty awesome so far.

In to watch. Looks like a fun project!

next update, have the 105 howitzer shell ordered, sent money, will have to wait for him to get the money order then send it. so yeah a bit of progress, no new photos yet.

Cool idea, good luck with the rest of the build :slight_smile:

thanks, hopefully it goes well.

wow its here already! just sent the payment via snailmail yetsterday! its big, and rings like a bell… its not brass, its steel, but still it should work nicely, heavy too… pictures follow.

!

!

Nice!

I like the R/C in the background, I have a few myself :slight_smile:

I have lots of planes, one tiny quadcopter, and that 1/8th scale rc truggy :slight_smile:

markings on the shell are.

105mm m14b1

rvp-3-136

dated 1967

primer is marked
m28b2 4-67 ls137 196