My very first BLF Deal. TrustFire mini-01

as low as you want. but other people may not like it.

we discuss a final data here, 5% 50% 100%, may be a choice?

BTY, to have a good count,

Anyone interested in this deal, can send email to: rey.gosea@gmail.com

Title: BLF Group Buy, MINI-01.

Content: 1piece~max.

Regards

Rey

Frankly I don’t think they’re going to get 100 emails because there are a LOT of shy lurkers on here (something like a 5:1 lurker/member ratio), but 100 pieces shouldn’t be a huge problem over a month or so. This light makes for an excellent present in all its shiny yet inexpensive splendor, much better IMO than a AAA alum piece, so IMO many would buy more than 1.

100/30/5% is ok. I think a high-ish medium is good on a small light that’s direct drive on a lithium, since the high is essentially a turbo in that case. With a big hotspot, 30 shouldn’t be too overwhelming. But an even lower low of a few lumens might be good, especially in an EDC light. IMO 4 modes of 100/30/5/0.5 is ideal. They should also fix the mode memory if possible since a 1 minute “memory” essentially means random starting mode when you’re using the light off and on.

Starting on Med, then Low, then High would actually be best (like Xenos lights) if there were no memory, and a bigger deal than exact mode levels. Some like to start on low, but I think med is a better compromise since it’s the most useful mode for an high output light.

In summary, ask to fix mode memory, and 100/30/2. Basically it’ll be the go to light for any one who wants an really nice SS EDC for $15 without blinky modes so IMO selling 100 shouldn’t be a problem. Make it NW and it’ll sell like hotcakes (since even those with one will want another). It’s not going to be something with any competition.

Not only that, but it’ll drive business to their site since they’ll be seen as someone who’re friendly to our interests instead of the million other sellers who all have the same generic seizure-mode products.

I’m in for 1 for an SMO reflector, I’m certain many other will hop in this deal if the features are right.

in for 2 if paypal is accepted.

Reading ~800L from IMR, ~550L from 16340, with a 300 lumen basic High - perhaps a Memory mode might allow for differing battery types.

Personally a 60 lumen Mid seems fair for runtimes; with a 5-20L low.

With no experience with a Li rechargeable - how might the Low & Mid outputs be effected by different batteries?

Might a $20/$25 price allow a 10 unit run - no battery needed, but preferably NW.
Were a decent runtime on L/M available under all three battery types I am in - up to $30.

What do the experienced experts think?

EDIT: Doesn’t seem worthwhile excluding a battery to save 40c :slight_smile:

Hi Rey,

What are the new specs so far?

Cheers!
Steve

Welcome to the club, MD_007!

funny as hell!!!

BTW, I am watching MacGyver right now, how awesome and nostalgic is that?

If any of you feel for making this light yourself, this thread and others about
the particular light mentioned will tell you: How to mod an MXDL 3w?

I am still waiting for my 2 lights. Am I the only one? I can’t recall ever getting tracking either

I’m waiting too.
I have a tracking number from an email from alibaba.
RQ2495???5SG but nothing returned from my android “trackchecker” app (which has worked for other things)
I’m confident that I’ll get home today and there’ll be a package :wink:

No. you’re not the only one. I’m still waiting too.

I’m noticing some flickering — not changing modes but changing brightness within the middle mode — with a fully charged AW cell.

First guess is the usual — I’ve now dabbed a little bit of conductive Nyogel on the base of the spring and on both ends of the battery to improve conduction across those contacts. That usually solves this sort of thing with most flashlights.

I’m looking at the press fit of the circuit board into the head and wondering how the contact is there, and of course thinking what one always thinks with new electronics — how hot will it get for how long, and will it burn in over time or burn out.

So I’m going to be really trying to use this light a lot — and hope others will be doing that and reporting in.

I hope the manufacturer did some burn-in tests —- but hey, we’re the early adopters here, or out ahead of the early adopters.

So just sayin’ I figure part of what we buyers ought to do is contribute to serious testing and letting the manufacturer know.

And I’d urge this get serious attention before a new run or a different model gets final design done.

Let’s make it better — or find out if there’s anything that would make it better.

Hey, maybe the Mark 01 is perfect —- but that doesn’t happen very often.

It’s excellent, don’t get me wrong. But that’s no reason not to burn’em in and test’em hard to see how well they hold up.

Got mine today. all is good :bigsmile:

Mine arrived today !
woohoo, just in time for the solar eclipse.

Anyone still waiting ?

Hi all,

My light arrived last Friday, safe and sound, in the middle of Europe. (Ok … that is a very open definition because quite a few countries lay claim to that attribute, but it is close enough).

Thanks for the great little light!

Thomas

Yeah. Thanks Rey for this Deal! :slight_smile: