Narsil VS Anduril ???

I was frustrated to no end with NarsilM (v1.3) . I was finding with hidden strobe enabled, it would keep getting triggered when I’d click-hold to drop down a level with stepped ramping. I couldn’t find a way to keep strobe enabled and enjoy step-down ramping. So, I just disabled strobe in the config menu and my GT Nano works fine.

A natural control of brightness is to click and hold to ramp up or click-hold to ramp down. Having to click hold, release, click-hold, release, etc… feels rather clumsy.

Anduril just feels so natural to me, in a number of respects. NarsilM is still good… but it’s not my preference. Anduril builds on the NarsilM design and is more “ergonomic” to the mind for memorization.

What’s the easiest way to get strobe on Anduril 2?
Three clicks hold from off in strobe was your last blinky mode?

Yep. I think they were intentionally buried a little because most people find blinky modes less desirable and little used, generally.

They are annoying and useless until you need them.

Thanks!

1 Thank

Yep, a very distinct, FROM OFF, 2 clicks + hold activates the strobe (blinkie) menu that includes beacon, candle, lightning, etc. Mode memory too, so you can select what you want and then it comes up first when entering the menu. And then double-clicks advance sequentially through the options. You can’t get to the blinkie group when the light is already on, so it’s an excellent fool proof way to avoid strobe during standard operations. One click to turn off, 2 clicks + hold to activate. Easy pathway, minimal chance for activation click mistakes.

Having a beacon can have many uses (set for locating an object you’re leaving during daylight, but will look for at night like returning to a campsite; being found by friends/family in a crowd [cup hand partially over optic so your hand lights up]). The 3 different strobe types are interesting but I imagine for most people very seldom used outside of just “testing.” Lightning is cool, occasionally used for some fun. Candle is also novelty, but nice to have. And for those people who have total disdain for blinkies, it’s easy to avoid them. Granted it’s nice that NarsilM provides a config option to totally disable strobes.

1 Thank

Even more interesting with multiple Anduril lights accompanied by sound from this website:

https://asoftmurmur.com

Wow… I’d not heard of this site. Thanks, Roostre. This is awesome! :beer: :partying_face:
Interesting combo I just tried: max thunder, max waves, a little rain, a little crickets.

I have 6 Anduril lights now (LT1, PL47mu x 2, FW3A x 2, FWAA)—will have to try a half-dozen light show. :laughing: