Need a lot of light?

I can’t stand CFL lights…

My Meanwell PSU arrived already… 3 days from ordering.

Huh. Not only do waterproof/dustproof DC muffin fans exist, they’re pretty readily-available and not too expensive. New 12V and 24V fans rated for IP55 can be had for under $20 from Mouser and DigiKey. That should be good enough for semi-protected under-eave mounting (looks like YStech offers some 12V fans rated to IP67 with totally-enclosed motors but I’m afraid to check what they cost).

That makes it a lot easier to cool a pair of Vero29s running flat-out in an outdoor fixture. :slight_smile:

Just need to design a weatherproof enclosure for the LEDs themselves and I’m in business!

I can’t stand CFL lights… as well

someone needs to buy that thing and make a 28,000 lumen flashlight out of it! :wink:

I must admit, I was tempted. Not because I have an actual use for it, but because it would just be fun to have a single fixture which puts out as much light as 35 Cree bulbs (~800lm each) and runs on lower power than “low” on my space heater.

I have 8 of those bulbs in my bathroom (~6400lm), and with the dimmer switch all the way up, turning the light on is a shocking experience (even during the day).

It’s probably better for me not to have toys like this though. I’d be tempted to use it as an alarm clock or something… which would either wake me up to the sudden realization that I died and now “see the light”, or might actually kill me due to sheer blinding shock.

Or I’d point it at the neighbors and see how long it takes them to realize they didn’t just see a nuke go off in my bedroom.

Can someone please tell me how to adjust a MEANWELL CLG-150-36A 150W once connected to the the LED’s?

It has 2 pots. One for current and another for voltage. I would like to power 3 x vF matched 7 series Bridgelux RS emitters in parallel (which should easily be able to take full current from the driver).

Build thread here: How do I set up a Meanwell CV/CC driver for my Bridgelux array?

Thanks

I don't think the low mode would be low enough for me.