Need help picking a cheap AAA light for edc

I have used Tank007 e06, and given it to a relative.
It was good, but not best looking one.
I have ordered Tank007 e10 from manafont, and think is it better than e06,
and I prefer lights with pocket clip.

I’ve carried the tank E09 on my keychain for around 6 months now… still works great. It’s super bright using a li-ion 14440.

Well we'll see now I'm wondering about the e09, I can't remember why I ruled it out before but maybe I'll rethink it.

Lite,

I actually got blue, pink, and gold. Mostly they were for my kids. I have plenty of black lights already :smiley: . I think on Ebay it’s either a typo or they’re temp out of stock. Aliexpress has them listed too, in black, for $19. If you’re still interested, you may want to contact the seller on Ebay to see if it’s a typo first, before ordering from Ali. My first two lights shipped from Cali and got here in a couple of days, which was a bonus. The downside is I remembered how slow shipping can be from China. I’ve return one and gotten the replacement before the arrival of my third light from the initial order, lol.

I kind of want an E09 as well, but opted for the Ti2 because they start on ultra-low and I already have an LD01. The knurling is great on the Ti. With the clip they can tail stand okay.

lite, here's my EDC collection. A few from your list, but feel free to ask questions on any of them. 4 on the left are AA, 6 on right are all AAA.

You know, the E09 has memory mode. So it will start on what you had it on last.

Thanks, I missed that somehow. Looks like the firefly on the Ti2 is sub 1 lumen while the E09 is rated about 10. Lots of good options out there to suit personal preference. That new Balder looks pretty nice as well.

I really like the Maratac AAA

Maratac AAA is a very good one, I have Cu version, but is it not budget.
That Aluminum versions must be as good, because their drivers are very efficient.
Maratac do not recommend 10440, I think it will blow the circuit in long run.
so if you like more light in a small package, Tank007 e06, e09, e10 are OK.

What’s the light on the bottom left? I’m intrigued by what looks like a touch slider on it.

Hey guys I wanted to give an update and to thank everyone again for all the recommendations and help. I finally settled on two lights and after some minor headaches with one I have them both and love them both.

First up I got the Hugsby XP-2, I honestly cannot say enough good things about this light, its small, durable, bright, and just really impressive considering the price. I will definitely be getting more of these for myself and to give as gifts because they are a cool little light at a great price. I paid $12 for mine and at double that price they would still be well priced imo.

Next up I got a Fenix E11, after much debate I decided to not get a Fenix LD01 (for now anyways :P) partly because of its combination between twisty and price, but mainly because I didn't want such a nice light getting dinged up on my keychain. The E11 is a nice little light and even though it has a twist top to switch modes it uses a forward clicky for on/off which I like. Ultimately its a nice little light but didn't impress me nearly as much as the Hugsby (I freakin love that little light).

I will be ordering a Thrunite Ti any day now because of all the positive recommendations its gotten, and I'm sure I will like it quite a bit. That will in fact end up on my key chain most likely.

So thanks to everyone for the help. Its kind of funny the lights I ended up picking were totally different then what I set out looking for.

What color is your Tank e09? It looks like two different colors.
What is the stainless (or titanium?) light at the top right corner of picture?

I have a Thrunite Ti (actually 7 of them), Fenix LD01, Tank tank 007 09, and several iTP A3 EOS Upgrades.
I don’t think I really prefer one to the others. Although the Fenix is maybe the highest quality, it is too expensive in my opinion compared to the others. If I had to pick, it would be the iTP A3.

Jerry

It’s a Rofis brand, the pattern is just a decoration though.

It looks like brown (also available in black and plum):
http://dx.com/s/tank007+e09

Thanks Chloe, yes I see now it has to be the brown, and in the photo on the link you gave it also shows the head being a different color shade from the body. Too bad about the two tone color I would prefer all the same color.

I found the best price for the E09 from fasttech ($12.60) with BLF coupon, choice of either of the 3 colors.

I’m wondering if the Balder TD-0 is worth it for over twice the price of a Tank E09

Also the stainless light at the top right corner of picture is this:
EOSLAMP SP11-S CREE XPE R3 LED 1xAAA Stainless steel EDC Flashlight
I found it in BetweenRides post on a different thread.

may have to get a brown e09.

Thanks for the tip on FT.

I don’t have these particular lights, but generally speaking, Balder has better build quality, fit and finish than tank007. Emitters *may be of slightly better quality and/or tint as well, but that is more variable.

Honestly, part of what you are paying for with the TD-0 is the look. It is very pretty. If you are wanting more of a beater, the tank will be just fine. Not that the e09 is a POS or anything… all relative.

What is the one to the right of the L3?

Not 100% sure but it looks like an Eagletac D25A in Titanium AA. I think I can even make out the “D25A” on it in the pic.