Need suggestions for 1500+ Lumen flashlight

I'll second what 2100 said - for the money, the C8 is going to be hard to beat. I bought 2 and switched to the smooth reflectors. Now they offer them with OP or SMO reflectors.

Just ordered 2 of the KD C8's

And sent an email to Serena.

Suggestions still welcome.

I will be out of town next few days and wont be able to reply often.

Thanks again!!!!

So who's gonna get the C8 SST-90 and do a review?

No use, you need to cook that emitter at 10 amps for it to be useful.

***Update***

3X- XML T6 Torch

I rec'd the 3X XML torch/ battery combo from ebay seller linkoutdoor. see link above.

Charged the batteries and tried the light......nothing.

Swapped out the included batteries for the Xtars...still nothing, Tail switch checks good, light is DOA .

I contacted them thru ebay explaining the problem and all the tests I already performed and they replied

wanting to know the same info I already sent (in chinglish).

"Sorry to hear that ,we wonder would you mind tested the whether the connection conductive to the flashlight ?

if it is really defective ,please kindly tell us ,we would like to solve this for you , is that ok for you ?"

I replied with the same info as before and waiting on a reply.

The included "3000 mah" batteries tested around 600 mah. on one, I will test the other soon but it seems to be even worse.

Good advice about getting better batteries.

Are the Trustfire Flames 2400 mah really ok? I hate spending $26 on 4 cells.

Where is the best place to order these from (besides DX, not waiting 2-3 mo. again).

KD XML T6 Torches

The 2-single emitter XML lights from KD are working fine.

At the tail I get:

2.45 A Hi

1.12 A Med

.125 A Lo

Readings are in the first 2-3 seconds.

dont buy the flames buy the xtars 2600. I wouldn't trust them in multi cell lights.

"The XTARs worth the extra $3.5 over the flames"

"dont buy the flames buy the xtars 2600. I wouldn't trust them in multi cell lights."

Yes and yes! I bought a set of the DX Trustfire Flames a few weeks back and was not impressed, the quality has seemed to slip over the last few months. I got 2200mah... not bad but the internal resistance was high. There was a post not too long ago that someone bought some on DX and not all the batteries matched, this could be scary for multi cell use.

They should be fine for single cell lights but Personally I would only use Korean / Japanese name brand batteries for multi cell use.

I got another reply from the seller asking the SAME questions I already answered 2 times already.

Its as if they do not even read my replies.....

You could also get the HI-MAX batteries if you want to stay on eBay. There is a review of them on this site