New 3XML out

They just lowered the price to $76 and with direct drive and 3 18650s I have a feeling this light will throw a beating on the Skyray 3 XML. I just got the Skyray but I am going to have to get this 9 amps really that's 2500+ lumens until the batteries die down.

Nice, they lowered the T4 7C Neutral too.

Coz I emailed Ric, they just lowered the price about 45 mins ago. Innocent T4 7C should be having CRI of 80-85, much better, but quite a bit worse efficiency.

Cool, it would be nice if I would got an answer when I e-mail cnqualitygoods.

Well I made 2 purchases last week, 1 arrived already (M7X). Anyway yeah its usd69 on taobao, so its $86 here. Not tooooooo bad....

It's actually very good, considering the extra hassle one would have with taobao.

Just got confirmation from Ric that the payment was received, goods confirmed and will ship out ASAP. Laughing

I just hope medium/low modes would have PWM as nice as the Yezl M7X that i've got. That one is much better than the Sky Ray 3xT6. Sky Ray 3xT6 is like the usual Ultrafire/Tank007 stuff, pretty noticeable PWM. Best is Xeno E03 and my Dereelight DBS V3, 0Hz! (coz they are linear/current)

Ric was also nice enough to once again warn not to gun the light for a long while in high, preferably 5 mins or less. "This thing gets hot". Hmmm....so is that a good sign or a bad sign? For some it is a bad sign. For me, it is good (hopefully), coz I like pocket rockets! Like Xeno E03 with a yummy IMR 14500. I'd rather have something that goes !@#@$!@%$ and later have the ability to throttle down. I know, the market now has TK-70 and SR92 with their humongous 100mm heads and finned heat sinks that look like they can slice a whole lemon in a single whack and produce a glass of lemonande, but those are 250-370 bucks lights!

Anyway the record heat is with my 445 laser. 4.3A with a IMR 18500 in a hotlight host. The thing gets nearly too hot to hold in 2 mins.

Why do they recommend unprotected cells?

I hope that the batteryholder is long enough to fit protected 18650, because I ordered also this one neutral white.

I just have the feeling that you'd get one. LOL! Sealed

I think its more like the fact that it'd take in quite a lot of current even with 3S, I hope not too much as just a wee bit more drive than the SR3800 is all it needs. Even the "nominally driven" SR3800 takes in 2.5A for 2 cells but with regulation it goes up to 3.5A thereabouts and some of my cells do cut in prematurely. I have 4 cells which would not work well with this light, one is the locally purchased CGI Engineering brand kind of crap (expensive too, 18 bucks per cell), the other I have tried is PALight 3000 which I purchased from manafont.

http://black-tactical.com/store/electronic-gadgets-batteries-chargers-c-99_9

And the "funny" thing is - my Trustfire Flames does 47 mins on the SR3800 on high, *on the first charge*. Solarforce V2 2400mah 50 mins, Panny NCR18650 2900 60 mins.

Or some lousier cells just have the voltage dip after a while like 10-15 mins due to the huge demand in current and so its either the driver voltage protection cuts in or the PCB cuts in. But let it rest for a while to recover, it'd still drive a 1A XP-G for like at least an hour, it is not exhausted.

Be great if Manafont gets this-I know I'd get it fast.

First one gets it, please keep us updated! I'm confused whether it's direct drive on max. Anyone know for sure?

Rich

Hey all,

I just got off chat with Jim at Manafont. Said he's gonna put in a purchasing request for these lights-that'd be great!

I also let him know we're all thrilled with the Skyrays.

Rich

4 guys got it. I haven't come across the nicks of the other 2 guys here. (only know thommy)

asd

That's great. Probably a dollar or two cheaper at MF, from what I see the prices of other lights. (add $2 for registered air mail at MF)

If you can wait for 1 month, probably DX will get it too.

We need to spread the word of such good lights.

Can this 9 amps current dammage the protection board of the batteries?

Wanna use my eX-Cell 3100 mAh with 2.5v cut-off in this light, but must be sure that the high current does not dammage these nice batteries.

Thommy, it would not matter. 3S or 3P config, the batteries still sees 3A each at their respective terminals.

At the driver's terminal, it would be 4.2V 9A (for eg only) or 12.6V 3A. In series, there is a very high chance that it would be regulated output (nice!)

BTW, can you please measure the diameter of the X9 at say 4 meters? I wanna get it, found it at usd37 shipped. (no batteries/charger)

Forgot about this little power house. (usd249)

http://elektrolumens.com/Big-Bruiser/BigBruiser.html

1 x 26650, LiMn 4000mah. Nice. But with 3x18650, high-cap LiCo is nicer. Both lights are of same dimensions. Good cells only, like XTAR 2600 (Sanyo) or NCR18650. If this light performs, I will buy 4 more and treat it with NCR18650 2900s.

I also wonder about the battery holder configuration of the CNQG light in the OP. Usually there is enough play in the springs that hold the batteries in to compensate for the additional length of protected 18650's. Is the Direct Drive the reason they recommend unprotected cells? Would the power draw from protected cells activate the protection and shut the cells down?

The light certainly looks attractive, but I worry about walking around with a triple-pipe bomb in my pocket next to the family jewels.

That's $200 more than I'd pay...

This seems a terrible feature to put on a ecommerce site and liable to get you sued in the US.

Contrary to the expectations above, I don't really think it's all that nice. 3 lithiums with no protection in an unregulated DD application. I don't have any problem with ghetto hobby builds, but when something sells for real money I expect some level of engineering (eg, lack of it in the 980L/u80). This is like buying those totally unsafe 8 cell hotwire lights on cpf. Remember what that one guy (was it singapore?) who didn't even do much wrong yet almost killed himself with a $500 toy?