New Arrival of D25S USB Rechargeable Headlamp

I ordered 2 so the shipping was free but the 24 cent service charge was still there. Interesting that the shipping charge went away for you but at least you save the $2.99 :slight_smile:

Another twist in order story. According to Sofirnā€™s tracking number my order was delivered to Bushnell FL. yesterday. Which would be fine if I didnā€™t live in Il. Contacted them to let them know of mistake. Donā€™t know if they sent me wrong tracking number or they actually sent my lights to wrong place. Hopefully they will straighten it out.

Something is going on with their shipping lately. On an order from China they told me my address was a problem. Same address I used with my last order. Now, on an order shipped from US, they told me I must use a 9 digit zip code rather than my usual 5.

This morning I logged into my Sofirn account and order shows new tracking number. That seems like good news. No movement on it yet. Arrived at fedex facility Bloomington, Ca. On the 25th. Yay!

It see the head band for this sucks. Does anyone know of the blue convoy head band works? Should?

Not according to Lan when I inquired on 3/23/2021

Edit: Just bought some off Aliexpress. $8 shipped to the US for 6 pieces.

Barry, what is the color temp of the LEDs?

I have zero issues with the stock headband since the light itself is so light weight. Unless you mean for jogging, then it would probably move around. Another nice feature of the stock headband is that itā€™s very easy to just pop the light out of the mount. I would definitely try out the stock headband before assuming that it needs to be replaced.

ok good to know, I guess it just looks inferior in the pictures.

I ordered mine around 5pm on the 24th and it arrived today. Pretty good shipping, definitely came from the US warehouse.

Fantastic deal on a great product. Thanks Sofirn!

This was totally my order haha.

Got mine yesterday. Incredible buy. $12 with a battery is a steal. Came from Sofirn in one week. The head band is very good, better then expected. Protected GAā€™s fit perfect.

No Nonsense interface.

I will likely get a few more.

Mark M, They got the first name right Iā€™m Mark S. My order is supposed to be delivered today. I give a lot of lights away thatā€™s why I got these. May keep one for myself. I use the SP40 quite a bit.

Bought two if these. Amazing price. Considering more once I examine them and if the deal still exists by then. Anyone familiar with the driver topology in these? DTP? Custom mcpcb? TIR friendly reflector dimensions?

It have simple fet pwm driver, glued hardly removable led MCPCB and rare sizes small optics. Thats why D10 is better ;)). Easiest mod for D25 is to swap driver only. I have made or designed literaly all kind of drivers for D10 and D25: Fet+1( Anduril , Zebralight, Kraken UIs) , Boost 6-12v (Tamagochi firmware) , double channel 7135+7135 (Anduril LT1 firmware), and buck -boost on the way (anduril and moreā€¦) Gchart have some IC to swap as wellā€¦

Thereā€™s space for 2 x 16mm mcpcb but the original mcpcb is very thin (I measured .80mm)

The D10 model is the better choice for mods. Easy to swap MCPCB and leds and easy to swap reflector for TIR. The twin leds of the D25 offer no real advantages.

Itā€™s the same driver as the D10 as far as I know, so swapping it should be straightforward. The MCPCB is a proprietary aluminum with both led pads on it, so finding a copper dtp drop in would be neigh impossible. Could possibly swap in 2 14mm dtp boards side by side though. No idea if TIR would fit.

Thatā€™s my thinking. The standard MCPCB is aluminum (or alu-minimum, for some), and that weird proprietary size pictured above. Youā€™ll need a small hex driver to get it out, too. Tiny reflectors, and sized for 5050.
Thereā€™s probably small TIRs somewhere that can be scrounged up, and then youā€™d have to do some super-careful positioning of small individual MCPCBs.

Quadrupel designed/built some FET+1 Anduril-compatibile (i.e. ATTiny85 and supported pinouts) driver for this and the Boruit D10 - I have one in my D10 and am quite pleased with it. For this guy, Iā€™d love to get a pair of LH351Ds behind TIRs. Reflectors are 16mm diameter by 7mm deep. If weā€™re losing some thickness to copper DTP MCPCBs, weā€™ll have less than that to work with, although we could remove the glass lens.

LEDiL Tina maybe a good candidate?

As mentioned, the driver availabilityā€¦ My D25S from Sofirn did not have glue on the MCPCB, just a dark gray thermal paste.