New BLF Peer Moderation System

Perhaps you need a commercial spamers thread ?

Let them spam away in one thread ........ I found one [ removed quickly ] and he has great prices [ how good he is ? ] , anyhow I shelled out $7 AUST , for a CREE LED CR123A EDC ... For that price its worth it just as a mod host , I have too many old drivers in the parts box , so making it M&M will be easy enough .. [ If it arrives ] Ha ha ! ....

Give them a place to spam .... Maybe in time they may wish to advertise ????

Hmmm, that's an idea Matt. If I thought they would limit themselves to just one thread I'd do it in a heartbeat.

You know, me too, I take sometimes a whisky (or two) and I move around in many forums. It's sometimes hard to remember where I have written what. But sure normaly nothing offensive. But since I'm french, it happens to me, to express myself wrong (not chinglish but maybe frenglish?) and this could be misstaken as offensive.

Not a problem Oldienea, many of us here speak a second language and we all know that "tact" is sometimes hard to express in a second language.

I hate to resurrect an ancient thread, but I was wondering if you ever had a chance to try it out?

If I am not mistaken, we can presently put someone on ignore, but it only affects their ability to send PMs.

Time to try out the spam feature. Everyone click "Mark As Spam" under LIAO129's post.

Kind of ironic that the spammer posts in this thread :(

It worked!

No it does not work. This is the old spam policy. Under the new spam policy, users can only cause posts to be deleted. We can't actually stop a spammer.

I see that now, it only removed the post, not disabled the user.

Sucks...

We need a way to block a user.

Perhaps give the ability to block a user only to users that have more than 100 posts. If 5 "old" users with more than 100 posts block any single user, disable him until admin either lifts the block or deletes the user.

That would be a start, but even so the forums would be messed up until all the posts could be deleted. However, there would be fewer posts to delete because we would stop them sooner.

something really needs to be done..this is ridiculous..

10 minutes and no new posts

Yep.

Even a postcount limit per day would be better than nothing even if it makes things a bit more difficult to us.

Or some kind of restriction for first couple of posts.

And it's back . . .

298 posts and counting.

Yes!

yes!!!

Can't keep up marking.

This is getting so irritating. I have marked a bunch of the spammers post but new ones are getting added even faster.