New Convoy Deep Carry clip

Found this thread linked on the mtn page for the clip. I’ll be ordering a s2 host tomorrow to finally put a lucidrv driver that’s sitting here to use. It may not be the most durable choice but I have plenty of the .080” ti-6-4 I’m using for the fan mounting plate on my custom build and a piece of .052” ti-6-4 and plan to try making a clip. The ti should look pretty good on a grey host. I’ll post the results.

Been using the clip on my work EDC Convoy S2+ and can give it a big thumbs up. Holds secure in my uniform cargo pocket. Really is a nice addition to the Convoy.

Thread dig, works just fine on my D4.

Oh they look nice . I might like chrome better though

Also fits the Folomov 18650S, reversed for head up carry, an excellent upgrade because the e-tailswitch activates with light pressure and with the stock (head down only) clip position it was constantly getting bumped on in my pocket, (for me anyway) this has totally resolved the issue.

<>

And here’s one on my Jaxman E2L shorty triple:

Just ordered a few more of the clips from banggood, you can never have too many of these!

It also works well on an Olight S30, in case one of you guys have one bumping around.

Haha yes I have one bumping around, sitting right here in front of me on the desk! :slight_smile:

…This immediately made wonder which clips I ordered because I have an Olight S30 without a clip for quite some time now, I grabbed a convoy clip to try and although it does fit diameter-wise, the width the S30’s groove is the wider type so there can be a lot of sloppy movement of the thin convoy clip rocking in the wide groove.

Unless something has changed with the S30? Mine is a pretty old probably the 1st version. Would work in a pinch though if your Olight clip broke, like mine did.
Olight S30 with Convoy clip >>>

<>

<>

<>

Fortunately the Astrolux S1/BLF A6 clip fits perfectly in the groove on the S30. Plus it extends all the way to the end for a much deeper carry position, the convoy clip stops short nearly 1/2” from the end.

S30 with Astrolux S1/BLF A6 clip >>>

So this reminded me that it’s the S1/A6 clips I have on order instead, one being for the Olight.
The S1/A6 clip in my photo is the stock clip from a low production A6 before they redesigned it with shorter “ears” IIRC, (why I’m not using it)

beam0 - can those S1/A6 clips be ordered anywhere on their own? either version? Thansk!

Nice Light!

If you EVER want to sell that little guy, PM me. :smiley:

Had a long hiatus from BLF and just came across this thread today…

Yes the clips can be ordered on their own, the only place I know that has them is BG: Astrolux S1/A6 clip

There’s only one version…

I had recalled something about the “ears” protruding too long on the clips that came with the 1st run of the BLF A6 and that the issue would be corrected in future production of the clip, however the clips I received from BG were the same as original and I don’t like the protruding ears at all so I plan on grinding them down.

I ended up finding a different clip for the S30, no idea what it was from though.