New CREE XP-G2 emitter officially announced. 20% better efficiency, same XP size footprint.

16mm R5 available @IOS

http://www.intl-outdoor.com/cree-xpg2-r5-2b-led-16mm-mcpcb-p-521.html

get a message of page not found

maybe this link will work

xpg2 16mm

edited found link

Looks like they put a limit of 1 per person or they won’t ship.
Just got my order in for one

I ordered two after my previous post. Guess I was lucky :bigsmile:

I think I just ordered the last one! :bigsmile:

What are you thinking of doing with yours? :nerd_face:

Anybody want to swap the xpg in my Predators with these? :slight_smile:

I don’t know yet, but I love how that tint looks and didn’t want to miss out.

If I could only get a XM-L in that tint, I’d be one very happy man!

I’ll be sampling this LED on Friday when I meet up with some other CPFers for a night hike.

The host is a harbor freight 109 LED showerhead, 4xAA, DX-SST90 reflector. The XPG2 is direct bonded to copper and running at around ~2-3A.

The lights owner said its a ~6 month collaboration with the Lambdalights dude.

Craig has these on 20mm stars, I am thinking about modding my MXDL-SA76 with this LED. It should drop right in, with maybe a little dremel work to the star. Currently with the XML at 2.8A its in the 45-50K lux vicinity I think, and very closely matches my 3.5A-HD2010. I think an XPG2 upgrade should come close to double that.

WHOA! 3.5Amps on a XPG2? Really? How many lumens do you get and does it colorshift towards blue at that current? Please tease us with a beamshot!

Oops… I miss-quoted from my email exchange. The light does 2-3A to the LED. Sorry about that.

OTOH, the lights builder does some AMAZING things with copper fabrication and direct bonding. This builder was doing things with copper ~2 years before anyone else on CPF would even consider trying it. I would be surprised if it tint-shifted, or thermal-dimmed significantly. I’ll see on Friday!!

That sounds like good times anxiously waiting feedback

i live in sonoma county and am curious. thanks.

Not necessarily. Should give better throw in a P60 light, and should help lights like the S-mini a lot, in terms of throw.

But then, I hate aspherics, so I’m thinking in terms of better hotspot in regular reflector lights

2-3A? Now I really can’t wait to see what Match gets on his bench test of this LED! I’m expecting around 600 lumens when overdriven considering the 1st gen can break 500. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the heads up on that. I’ve been wanting to get an XP-G2. KaiDomain was so quick to have XT-E’s available and I hoped they would come through, but with this board I can put together my own P60.

Match,

If you test the new XP-G2 please share with us the vF of the LED for each current that you test, like jtr1962 did on CPF . Yes the vF will be influenced by the junction temperature and will not be a data 100% applicable to flashlights, because it will change depending on the MCPCB size and material.But still a valuable data.

CPF user: jtr1962

(XP-G R5)

Just completed a XP-G G2 drop-in driven off a 3X 7135 board, beamshots to come (comparing it to an identical XP-G G1 drop-in).

By eyeball: it is quite a bit brighter at 50mA (need to get my DMM out to confirm they are pulling the same current on low) then the XP-G, at 1A slightly brighter and tighter hotspot.

EDIT: OK… the drop-ins pull 10mA difference on low: the original XP-G pulls 40mA while the one I just put together with the XP-G2 pulls 50mA, this would account for the visible difference in brightness. That aside both pull a little over 1A (XPG = 1.04A while the XPG2 pulls 1.01A) and the XPG2 is brighter once thermal sage takes its toll on both (I think the XP-G2 is sagging less)

Which 3X 7135 board do you have?