[NEW] Eagle Eye X7R 26650 XP-L - Dec 2017.

I agree UGH! :person_facepalming:

I liked the looks of the 1st gen better, I think that smooth SS bezel with the knurling below is the main reason I liked it so much.

Iā€™ve been in contact with them was trying to get a hold of a 1st gen x7 for a host, he did mention this, and it was suppose to be out back in September, thought it would look like the old one but with usb charging added.

Kind of a bummer. Now if they would put XHP50 inside theyā€™d have something. :smiling_imp:

If anyone has an old one (1st gen) they want to sell please PM me.

I am in the same boat, I have a triple spacer for the X7 but never got an X7 to use it in.

I could also sell the triple spacer if someone wanted it.

It can fit X6 with small OD sanding, and with 95% probability it will be able to fit X7R.

That is good to hear, I already have 4 triple x6ā€™s so no need for more of those lol.

Hopefully it will fit the X7R as well, I want to use a boost driver with it and the 26650 will work better.

I like my X6R and my X7ā€™s not sure I am a fan of the new X7R. Looking forward to the first review.

Iā€™m somewhat interested in this X7Rā€¦ but am a bit worried about the UIā€¦
If i understand correctly, you have to use two long press to shut off the light???

Where did you hear this?

From BG X7R product page:

Reading this again it is unclear whether a long press will ā€˜closeā€™ the light or enter moon modeā€¦
Now iā€™m guessing that a long press from off goes to moon, and a long press from on always shuts off the light?

This looks right.

From off, a single click turns it on as well as cycles through the 3 modes, low, med and high. Dbl click for turbo. Then a long press from off goes to moonlight.

Iā€™ve seen other lights that you could only access moon from off.

and on my CW and NW versions, from Moonlight, you canā€™t access any other levels except to long press and turn the light off

This UI seems a tad odd, but itā€™s not the only one i guess. Iā€™ll probably give it a tryā€¦

Iā€™m thinking this light could be given away to ā€˜non flashlights addictedā€™ persons, considering the 26650 capacity and the onboard usb charging. Somehow the X2R big brother.

Yes to all points. I might get one for ā€œhouseā€ use and get rid of the old maglights.

I canā€™t seem to find Eagle Eye site anymore on Aliexpress. The Actual site seems ā€˜emptyā€™?
I just wanted to check how much they sell it on their siteā€¦

https://fr.aliexpress.com/store/1735126

Iā€™ve seen this happen with them before ā€¦ a few times actually, but they always came back. From what I can tell he does this when heā€™s away.

The ā€œcontact nowā€ link still works you could message him and ask, heā€™s been pretty good at communication, usually replies within a couple of days.

They havenā€™t came back from Chinese New Year yet. Some stores will remove items when the business is closed, and some stores will just change the price of everything to $9,999.

Wow, I just reread this thread and itā€™s mostly about the X7. There are no reviews of the X7R. Did everyone forget about this light?

I havenā€™t heard anything about the X9 either.

I asked some time ago about the X7R, he has no plans on selling it on Aliexpress.

I believe iā€™ve seen a BG code/coupon for the X7R not long ago - it may be the reason i checked this thread actuallyā€¦ but canā€™t find it again. :person_facepalming:

Edit: i just checked a review and discovered the beam is quite ā€˜throwyā€™ with a very bright hotspotā€¦ Not what i had in mind for a light to gift away. And the 3sec long press to access moon from off or to shut down from on seems too long to me. Mode memory is also a bad point. I should have checked earlier before getting excited with this 26650/usb light.

It takes 3 seconds to turn it off or just to get out of moon mode?