New Fenix RC40 - 4 Cree XM-L U2 3400 Lumens Flashlight Due Out Next Month

Well I got the TK60 and the TK75 in the pic :wink:

I have the TK75 and the TK70 just wanting the adapter to put the TK70 head on the TK75

An adapter would rock

How about a pic of this thing?

I’ve read so much on the TK75 and am on the verge of pulling the trigger but I’d prefer (if it’s going to happen) to see what this bad boy does. Anyone seen anything on when/where etc? I’m beginning to wonder if they’ve shelved it due to the TM26 or something……

It’s on their 2013 product catalogue with information and a picture. Can’t be too far away:

Business end 8)

Flower shaped spills :wink:

Anyone know the price for this monster yet ? :smiley:

How long before turbo kicks down ,or does it not…

No step down

MSRP US$370 so maybe 300 or so?

Thats some light,but some price to go with it 8)

Otherwise incredible looking light, but custom battery pack...

Here’s a video of the RC40

Thank you for sharing the video.

I'm kind of bummed though.

They only managed to squeeze an extra ~600 lumens, and ~105 meters more on throw distance, at the price of a much uglier (IMO) design, and a battery pack. Considering it's more than double the price of the TK75, going to pass on it. At least until I see some great reviews or a very large price drop.

It has a 90 degree spill, not sure how that translates but I’m guessing it’s also very floody and will outflood the TK75.

TK has 80 degree spill IIRC, so not all that much of a difference. An improvement in most departments, but it's far from revolutionary.

With newest LEDs 4000 lumens is not unfeasible with 4 emitters.

I wonder if it can be used off of AC charger without battery pack at all, while plugged in. That would be a big plus.

I think I’m going to pass on this one, and sure glad I have the TK75.

envy your TK75 :smiley:

I’ll pass on this RC40 too :weary:

It's now apparently available for pre-order...

http://www.fenix-store.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_467&products_id=2977

Kind of pricey at $370, even if you do take into account that it comes with a battery pack which can be the equivalent of four good 18650 cells.

I'm really disappointed by this:

• Utilizes four of the latest Cree XM-L(U2) LEDs with a lifespan of 50,000 hours
The LED is already two generations behind the curve.... hopefully they update. Absolutely no reason this light shouldn't break 4000 lumens. :sigh: