New flashlight eshop and the future of China business

I am wondering why USA customers prefer Paypal when they purchase over AE? I prefer to use only PP over ebay or another chinese stores. I made hundred orders from AE with my Visa card and AE protection system is very good as a Paypal. I have opened cases over AE for very cheap items and every time I win when there is problem.
So in Europe as I know new custom regulation must start something about June because of the COVID crisis they prolong that time with six months. So maybe after that is possible Chinese sellers to sell more, because If I order something I will prefer to buy more items at once compared to order cheap packages for under 15EUR which are not subject to customs duties to now.

It’s “one more layer” of protection.

Ie, any problems, try AX first. They side with the seller, try PP. Still no joy, then hit your CC issuer as a last resort.

So…its here.i ordered again Emisar flashlight and it will bebprobably delivered after the first july,so longer delivery time,vat tax…i ordered too late.Maybe i will report here about the obligations with this.Sure Emisar will be not possible to buy from any warehouse in Eu…But i heard some sellers restamp the packaging with any eu country stamp.So iam very interested what will change in reality…

Were you able to order without a tax or VAT number? Would be good to see examples how ordering will work going forward.

So my first antichina experience…i bought an emisar d4 again.for 55 or so.one month delivery and on the post office i just paid 6 euro border tax.thats all.yes,our hobby will be more expensive for us

It’s also is an attempt to even up costs as some here have rightly pointed out all the benefits are one way and never reciprocated……It needs to change.

And if I were to be impartial, why should overseas companies receive greater benefits/profits by not paying their fare share of the tax’s in the country their profits were earnt?

Local businesses are at a severe disadvantage paying far more overheads including taxes that support their local/national economy and whatever benefits the local community receives from that - employment, roads, health systems, social support, education, etc etc

I’ve had enough of particularly large overseas companies making thousands/millions/billions out of our country and paying next to no taxes to the country that has made them that money. The problem is global and ultimitly left to the “everyday person” to be sucked dry with tax’s to support the country they live in. If these big companies paid their share, it would benefit us all and ease the burden on the everyday person.

…anyway, It’s just the cost of business. So a $10 item with go up by a $1 or $2 and after 6 months no one will care.

Yes agree…but…ots a change. :wink:

From July if i buy something for 10eu from China i have to pay extra 5.20eu at post office. Shopping from non EU located shops is over.

I don’t think its an easy situation to shift the blame entirely on overseas companies. Who made the deals in the first place? Its the politicians of the countries receiving the goods. Instead of focusing of trying to build and invest in manufacturing inside the country, they took the easy way out to import everything. Its these same politicians who coined the word, ‘globalization’. And now everyone is just on this one-sided blame game. Australia has outsourced entire mines to overseas companies. The politicians have been paid millions to make these deals happen. And they made it happen.

I placed an order on Vapcells long ago, but they arrived after the 1st of July. No fee, no taxes. It came from a european address.

There shouldn’t be any custom clearance fees with Aliexpress because they added VAT at the payment (for order <150€, above that there is no VAT at the payment and it’s the post service that collects it, with the dreaded fees).

Other businesses might come to realise that they’ll lose
a lot of customers if they don’t do that as well. It seems that Oshpark for example (if I understood their last email correctly) has decided to implement VAT collection after I sent them a sample of the fees Europeans will have to pay.

Its all new, so we see latter. But in best scenario after taxes payed at shop ill have to pay extra 1eu to post office for custom clearance services ;))

Yep. I’ll wait with any orders until a few people report that this system works.

Speak for yourself, I have no problem paying taxes for the the level of social security we have in my country, also as bart1080 said, for putting the local businesses on equal footing.
Post services profiting from this though…

China has free trade agreements with Singapore, and with ASEAN (the Association of Southeast Asian Nations). E-commerce transactions between them are not subject to any taxation, just yet. Therefore, I enjoy shopping on Ali Express.

However, I understand that Indonesia, a member of ASEAN, is contemplating imposing some tax on e-commerce transactions; for otherwise, Indonesian businesses (which have to pay domestic business tax in Indonesia) cannot compete with Chinese e-commerce sellers, who do not have to pay any tax to Indonesia. A problem of unfair competition, quite similar to the situation between the EU and China.

The USA also has a free trade agreement with Singapore. Therefore goods bought from Amazon USA can be shipped to Singapore without import-export taxes, and vice versa. But the “shipping fee” from the USA to Singapore is sometimes quite prohibitive. Consequently, I shop from Amazon Singapore to avoid the high shipping fee.

Its not about blaming overseas companies its about recognising the current situation has enormous burdens and disadvantages placed on local companies, economies and communities and the need for tax law change to create a more equitable playing field that should have happened 20 years ago. ….cant blame overseas companies taking advantage of local/global laws :)….every company across the planet does it and would be a fool not to. I just fail to understand why I have to pay thousands in tax on my earnings and overseas companies pay nothing on the profits earnt in a particular country.

At some stage it will change, things will go up with hopefully the revenue going to where it should (I might be in dream land here :slight_smile: )and in 6 months its the new norm and business as usual.

Its the politicians who play these games.