New flashlight modder (hopefully), needing some general advice!

Awesome! Thanks again vw!!

I see that some people prefer the convoy S2’s over the S3 lights because they are easier to modify. Namely the S2 pill can thread in and out of the head while the s3 is an integrated shelf.

My question is… since the shelf is one piece with the head, wouldn’t it dissipate heat better than the threaded pill?

I like the S3 and have a few, one is a triple emitter. Stainless bezel is more durable. Emitter shelf is good to dissipate heat and it is a few MM overall shorter. And it really is nicer looking.
But I do have More S2 and S2+ lights. They are easier to build as triples with the threaded pill and you are not working with a Fixed distance under the lens. And most of all the S2+ can be had on deals for about $8-10 for an assembled light… same as Host prices. So its like free emitters and drivers.

Makes alot of sense with all the other aspects you listed. Especially the fixed distance. Does the s3 have 18350 tubes available or do the s2 tubes fit?

I prefer the S3 host. It’s not really that much harder to work with.

Seems like both are great for modding and it just depends on application as to which is better. Might have to get several of each lol