New idea for forum organization

Welcome to the world of electronic records management! If you are relying on users to add tags for every post then that will get tiresome but as I’m sure you already know accurate tagging makes for better search results. You need to sell the benefits to BLFers and I’m sure in time they will come round to your way of thinking.

As much as I like the idea. I think the current system is ok for now. I was a bit thrown off when I first got here, but adjusted. Of course the new way would really be helpful for noobs. But would really kill some nice multi-cell AA or AAAs. Killing or throw threads about low powered AA & AAAs into the back. Also the pocket size is debatable. Some people only have 4 inch pockets while others have like 16 inches. I mean Some people can carry ~50cm heads in their leg pockets easily while others would only prefer EDC sized in their pants. Also the difference in pocket size to large? Who is gonna say a TR-J12 can’t fit in my pants or a calling a 1D maglite xml as an EDC?

I think we can also agrue we can classify them by lumens: low 1-100 lumens; low-medium: 100-500; medium: 500-900; high: 900; very high: 2000; stellar: 4000+

50cm. I feel sooo inadequate. I hope you mean 5cm or 50mm but point taken. I’m not familiar with tagging but it sounds like an additional form of cross referencing using specific keywords or tags. If kept to a minimum and reasonably formatted I might be convinced. I do most of my posting with an Ithingy and screen size is always an issue. New threads or photo updates are done mostly on laptop.