NEW: O-Light M3XS-UT-G2 Javelots; 350kcd Version!

I’ve opened mine up fully as well, the driver cover was loctited (blue) and gunky with the stuff, but I got it off. I still have the stock driver in mine but with a bump and I’ve manage to fine tune the beam profile so the hot spot is very well defined. This one was “on a back burner”, sitting back of many other lights and not particularly liked due to the off set beam, but I got it fine tuned a week or so ago and it’s up front and center again, a nice light when working properly for sure. I’m running 2 18500’s for the shorter stature, but still prefer my much modified M2X-UT Javelot for it’s ultra small size.

I used 2 silicon pot holders to loosen it.

Wow, these 2 threads got me glued to blf the last couple days. Good info! I obviously have a long way to go.

Mem, you are more than welcome to use the g3 light I ordered as a test bed. I’m not too picky on finish so scratches and such don’t bug me as long as it performs (and doesn’t cut or burn me during normal use. Lol)

My take on MEM is that he is somewhat perfectionist (or downright OCD! :nerd_face: ) so would never think of sending out a marred light, even with ‘permission’ from the buyer. But, I could be wrong. I’m a little of a perfectionist myself. But I’ve found also that a little bit of permission goes a long way when your curiosity gets a hold of it!

The driver cap can be mounted in a lathe chuck and then the head unscrewed from it. If any damage is done by the lathe jaws, this one area can be turned leaving a smooth shiny silver band that will serve to identify it as modified. Just saying…

(by cutting a proper inside diameter collar from aluminum and then splitting it on one side, a split collar can be slipped over this driver cap area before mounting in the jaws of the chuck and greatly reducing any chance of marring the finish. :wink: )

I got my M3XS-UT from the GB fire sale, and the tail switch works this way on mine. It’s a forward clicky, and the first press turns on the light in whatever [main] mode it was turned off in. A double soft press (holding on the second) turns it on momentary high, and a triple soft press turns it on momentary strobe, all from the tail cap. It can obviously be fully pressed in any of the three modes to lock it on that mode.

This seems very handy imo since a pressure switch for rifle mounting only replaces the tail switch.

I don’t know if I knew that and forgot or never knew it in the first place, but yeah, mine also works that way. It takes a quick double press to advance to high or a quick triple press to get to the strobe and sure enough, finish the click and it stays engaged. Nice!

Wait, so it takes two quick half presses to use momentary high?
Let’s say the last used mode was high. The light is off. What happens if I do a half press?
I was hoping it would be momentary high at this point until I release the switch.

Exactly. If you leave it on high when using the side switch, momentary tail switch comes on in high automatically.

From Low, which is where I leave the side switch, it takes the double press to reach high.

I think it could be used to do signaling if the short presses weren’t too quick, shifting up with the half press takes a quick double press, quite quick, so most signaling would still allow it to stay in the selected mode without shifting. (pretty sure, I don’t know signaling or morse code so I could be wrong)

Oh nice. Thanks for clarifying

Sorry, I’m a little new to this. From what I understand, there is a new and old xpg2 led with the old xpg2s preforming better but no longer being manufactured.

Which one did olight use for this limited run m3xs-ut? And if this performs that well why did they not continue making it?

This is not a limited run by Olight, these lights are modded by MEM…a member here. The only led that was ever put in the M3XS-UT by Olight was a dedomed XP-L.

The ones modded by me have XP-L V6s, and XP-G3s. The XP-G2s were a request when ordering a large batch, for which the answer was “Yes”. I figured if I had an option, why not choose a different LED. I guess that makes it a limited run, right?

Ah, I had it backwards. I thought olight was experimenting with these, ditched the idea, and you happened across them. Thanks for clarifying!

Bump for https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/40378

Wherefore art thou Mem?!

I sent MEM $200 and have not heard from him for over a month. I now have opened a Paypal dispute up.

I want my modded Olight Javelot or my money back.

Has anyone else bought anything from this guy?

I hope you sent the money for buying goods,and not for family and friends…

One week without a response from a seller it’s acceptable but over a month is ridiculous!…There must be a reason why MEM is not responding, hope he’s alright and not sick or hospitalized.
Anyhow, when it come to money refund, Paypal is excellent on getting your money back and I agree with Theodore41, as long as you sent it as “pay for goods or service” there’s nothing to worry about but when you send someone money as a “gift to friends and family” there’s no warranty at all and the seller have every right to keep the money and not send you anything. If you complain to Paypal that the package wasn’t delivered or got lost in the mail and tell them you sent gift money, the buyer and seller will be banned and the buyer will still be out of his money.

Well not sure what to say now - maybe this is going to happen? I finally got a response from Mem…