New Panasonic NCR18650PF?

I hope you’re right - 4.35V so much more useful for single cell flashlights. Samsung could sell a lot more batteries with such chargers on the market, so the incentive is there.

Not to spam too much, but there are a few already available high-quality 4.35v chargers: the XTAR SP1 and VP2.

They were released just a few weeks ago and charge LiFePo, 4.2v, and 4.35v cells.

Cool! The VP2 isn’t even on Xtar’s USA site. Looks like I’ll have to try returning my SP2 to Amazon (only got it a couple weeks ago).

Thanks for the info.

Edit: Ordered some LG D1 cells to try out. Due to the Chinese New Year I was able to cancel the PFs, so I’ll get the D1 and 20R cells. Should make for interesting comparisons at the ~4.2A I plan to use them at.

rGiskard, XTAR VP2 and SP1 do 4.35v. Not exactly cheap tho.
edit: RMM beat me.

Personally I think everyone should open their chargers & electronics. Compare to pictures others have posted & add pictures if yours is different (or no pics are to be found). I mostly use tp4056 & mcp73831 diy boards myself.

There's always the cheap DIY 4.35v cell phone charger options like I'm pursuing in my thread.

-Garry

Has anyone compared these to the NCR18650BD? Is the capacity the only difference?