New Peak Eiger Ultra high CRI emitter

I own both olight i3s and new preon 1. I am running them with efest 10440, both lights are great but personally i like preon 1
a. for its beam profile ( smooth and a bit tight than i3s)
b. tint (cooler than olight)
c. body finish ( matte black)

• these are all personal preferences and choice

And as for the qtc material to me its a breakthrough it eliminates the need of a complicated infinitely variable drive it saves space (when direct driving the light with a 3.6volt li-ion battery)

It’s interesting how the QTC material is used in flashlight designs. On the Veleno Designs D2 it is an exposed cube that the battery cap sits on it directly. On the Peak Eiger, it is built into the head, so that the QTC material is protected and not exposed. The build quality is pretty good on the Peak Eiger, most of the cost is due to it being hand made vs. automated. The Prometheus lights are all hand manufactured too. Beautiful but way out of my price range.

I think when I get my Olight i3s and compare it to the Preon P1, I have a feeling that I will have the same conclusion. The Preon is in the same price range and after reading the reviews on the Olight i3s, I think the Preon P1 is the better light for me. That only a prediction until I get the Olight. Thanks Rezwan.

I own a quantum d2 and i absolutely love it. I love the finish and craftsmanship. I am looking forward to buy a peak.

That’s cool that you were able to get a Mac for a great price just by asking. What I found on Ebay is that there are lots of budget LED lights on sale and if you find one that you want to get, just bid on it. Sometimes you lose but sometimes nobody bids. If the seller has a make offer, I’ll usually haggle with them. Most of the time I can save a few bucks here and there too!

Exactly my friend, exactly.

I was hoping to find out how batteries could be changed underwater. A flashlight would be quite impressive if it compressed water while inserting battery, and would still be impressive if it accommodated for it.

This is just a guess and I’m not going to try it with my Peak, but I imagine if you hold the flashlight upside down in the water, unscrew the head, slide the battery out, slide the new battery in, and screw the head back on, it should work.

I don’t think you can do it with a rechargable li-ion battery, maybe NiMH and for sure alkaline. The Peak’s head is sealed against the elements, so water can’t contaminate the inside of the head. Rubber insulates the positive contact from the rest of the body so the chances of shorting by water is limited.

Of course, this is just a guess.

I wouldn’t do it unless you have to, like in an overturned boat at night… afterwards of course you would need to dry it out.

I love the Quantum D2 as well. Very well made and customer service is great. When I first received it, I had a problem with the battery (too short) and they sent me a new one. The included USB charger is nice too.

Fartybum is a good person. He hasn’t offended anyone.

You can tell this is not a cheap $20 flashlight.

BTW, welcome to BLF. Most of us are decent people. I won't mention names, but someone in this thread acts like a 12 year old. I suggest you just ignore him/her.

Oh yeah, congrats on your purchase. Looks like a really nice light!

Come on guys! Lets keep this as a friendly forum. You should not bash other people’s lights - not everyone likes the same ones. There’s enough of that in CPF - just go and ask them about Led Lensers.

The Peak’s are more expensive than many other lights, but that’s because they are made in small shop in USA. And many americans do like to pay some extra for that. Paying some extra for a beautiful handcrafted item is not a bad thing in my opinion. I used to drool over the brass Peak lights with momentary switches, just because they are so beautiful… but unfortunately they don’t really offer international shipping, so I gave up on that.

Also you should not change batteries underwater because the BATTERIES do not like the moisture.

Haha, that seller has accidentally placed Fenix E05 in one of the pictures, instead of the Olight i3s :smiley:

Thanks! I didn’t think there were going to be people like that here. I thought that the admin kicked out trolls, but I guess there is no admin around.

One bad apple don't spoil the whole bunch of BLF members..lol!... BTW, I agree. This troll needs to be banned. He's a troublemaker!

Now i don’t know who’s trolling, but it sure aint me!

Don't worry! It ain't you pal!

Thanks Lightme for the URL! These are exactly the kind of sites I’ve been looking for, where people are customizing their commercial lights and sell parts as well!

You just sound a lot more stupid every time you post.

Good riddance poor ugly little boy.

Go away and play with your cheap little Olight i3s.

I with you pal. We don't need negative people around here. I hope he get's canned!