New pistol light project

A reasonable number of them have short and/or non-standard rails.

Went to the range the other night and put on the lights to practice after dark shooting the bump in the night sticks.

One thing I noticed anything near the muzzle gets a lot of carbon/smoke fowling. If it sticks out past or at the muzzle it is going to get dirty.

Can we get some supper hard, or hardened glass for the lens? Cleaning that abrasive crap will more than likely scratch the lens.

Other thoughts, what ever the anodizing or coating it has has to be very resistant to gun lube, cleaners and rough handling.

I think it would be cool to have them Cera coated (sp?) that stuff is tough.

I’ve heard people put like vaseline or similar on lens then wipe the goopy carbon off all at once

Maybe a double lens with the outer one removable and replaceable as a “wear item”?

Chapstick is better.

Like this, is that work good?

Thank you! Will update if test prototypes ready.

PERFECT! Cleans up the gap from trigger guard to weapon light.

Now imagine that junk getting inside the light. That’s why it needs IP6X dustproofing.

I have never argued what level of sealing it needed. Just making some casual observations to what I witnessed and came home and cleaned up.

Since I have 3 high quality WML I can see the short comings of each type.

I would also volunteer to try out and prototypes. Not saying I have the best selection, or the most, just a few that are common.