New Roche triple xml u2!

Got to admit, I may have to spring for an sc600 at some point, head lights don’t really interest me as a c8 fits a niteize headstrap, I don’t want or need a dedicated head light. But an sc600 would be nice, and I might then agree.

In the meantime, I need to buy piles of the driver I’ve found as its absolutely perfect for me using an xm-l.

I definitely want to see what 3.7a does for a zy-t08…. 8)

for me the three second weight isnt bad because I use these type of lights for walks and pure impressing people

As posted in another thread, I have come to appreciate the delay in the two or three lights that have it - as their switches are both hard to find/orientate yet easy to trigger incidentally.

Three seconds sounds like a bit much, but a deliberate one-to-two second press can be useful overcoming certain mechanical and ergonomic shortcomings.

i suppose you’re right as far as ergonomics (i don’t have a similar side switch light, so may not be a good judge - though i doubt i’d pocket this light)

also, I suppose i’m very impatient.

but, some of this comes down to how we use our lights.

I find that, particularly when camping/boating, I do very frequent and very short, full power runs (‘whats over there’ ‘where are my dogs’ ‘are the swimmers ok’ ‘you’re acting dumb, lemme blind you’)

my favorite UI is by far the xtar D06 sliding switch. It should have more travel to make it easier to distinguish the >20 levels - but even as is, i’m still hoping to eventually see it on a multi-xml w/ >2k lumens…

Only problem with the sc600w I have is that I have it as a bedside light, and to get it to come on in very low mode - just a click and hold - can be problematic at 4.00am when my dog wants to go out and I don’t want to wake my wife. Put simply, you have to think about what you are doing, and sometimes I screw it up, and it comes on in high.

Apart from that (imagine, having to actually think about what you want to do :slight_smile: ) the sc600 is great. In fact, so great, I got a second one off eBay a while back - god knows why. Hey, late at night, few glasses of wine “wow, that’s cheap …I’ll have that” . Turned out the anodising was crap - don’t know what the guy used it for, but it works well, and I guess I should really use that one as a beater.

Anyway, I’d rather have a 3 second hold isn’t that a big deal imho - rather that than a light come on in my pocket.

Does this thing throw any better than the King or the T90?

i would imagine it will it has a much larger head

what’s up w/ the tail - cap is removable so you can take magnet out?

this light has step-less brightness modes, how does that work ?

Turn it on 3 seconds before you need it.

Just hold down the switch and it will ramp up or down. Infinitely variable. 5 to 100%, just stop where you like it.

Oh that’s nice, I already have the king, I miss the modes, this is a nice looking light, I would have bought it.
Does it have low and high modes or does it start on low and then ramp up or vice versa ?

I think it ramps from 100% to 5%.

I think I’ve decided to get one of these. I don’t really have a lot of use for big throwers, but I like this light. I guess the best thrower I have is my Xeno G42 neutral. The price seems pretty good for this class of light, and I will be buying it more for the expierience of haveing my firsy triple LED light. Hell, I think I’ll even get one of those gorillapods to go with it.
I’m going to wait to see if Hank at Intl-outdoor gets one in. I guess I’ll need a matched set of batteries to go with it.

awesome let us know what you think of it

Yeah let us know. It has nice features, I hope it performs well. Would be better if it was $20 cheaper.

If this throws better than the King, I’d be interested. It looks like it will be quite the performer and even the rugged overall appearance of the light is gorgeous, one of the prettiest lights around.

Bigger head so more throw assuming it is driven the same. Reflector looks well designed.

Honestly i would have ordered one already, if it wasn’t hold 3 seconds to turn on. It looks like it will be a damn good light though.

Someone get and review this. I love the looks and the price still works out to be budget. I just need to know how well it throws. I’d like it to replace my medium-mode-lacking King. But, it’d also big nice if it had a case with it.