New ThruNite Flashlight.

Disregard. Sorry

100% disagree. I say the S10/S20 (and now 2A/2C) ui is the best ui of any light I’ve heard of. You have instant access to firefly or turbo from off, which is what most people want immediate access to. If you want some random mode, you can wait.

Wow, that 2A is amazing. I’m so getting a neutral white one when it’s available. GB very welcome! :slight_smile:

100% disagree. I say the S10/S20 (and now 2A/2C) ui is the best ui of any light I’ve heard of. You have instant access to firefly or turbo from off, which is what most people want immediate access to. If you want some random mode, you can wait.
[/quote]

First - in the 2A/2C you can’t go directly from off to turbo. Second - with firefly mode so low (I had a Predator with 0,1lm low and it was too dark) intermetiate modes will be used more often and in Thrunites it’s a little bit of a pain. Why make it problematic when there’s simplier solution?

Yes, you can. You double click the switch to get to turbo from off.

If you really want an intermediate mode, there is mode memory. I don’t see how you can ask for more in a ui.

I thought I saw the price of $49.95 awhile ago.
Now it’s 55.95.
Huh…

Shipping is now free. What do they usually charge for shipping in the U.S.?

I see. It was about U$3.50 for shipping. Lets wait for the Group buy.

Anyone interested in a group buy for the US? How about it?

This chart is interesting, if no mistyping on description:
Selfbuilt’s review Thrunite Neutron 2xAA using Duracell Alkaline 0.5 min to 50% :wink:

Not sure how you mean?

Alkalines cannot sustain the heavy current draw required for this light, hence the poor performance. This has been fairly clearly pointed out in several posts.

I mean if someone making calculation using 30 seconds, 60 seconds and 120 seconds, that all is in range of ANSI-lumens standard, it sometime make huge different in numbers.

For this flashlight, you can see other chart that using 2xAA with different type of battery too and find almost similar pattern.

Non-rechargeable batteries can’t provide enough current in 2AA configuration as well.

They updated their specs recently.

Just one, changing between them is unnecessarily complicated.

Adding extra clicks like you want would be making it more complicated. It might make it a touch quicker in some circumstances and I see what you mean there but I doubt you would need it much. Right now I think it sounds fantastic as is. I am chatting with David right now and he is explaining it to me.

From off:

*long press to go straight to Moon low (firefly)

*double-click to go straight to Turbo

*single click to go to last used mode

From On:

*long press to cycle through modes. Release when on the mode you want.

*quick click to off

It's exactly like the UI on the Olight Batons and I love it. It's super easy and my current favorite. :D

I’d turn it around - short click to change modes, 0,5s press to off.

Yeah, I’d rather hold to change modes than have to wait to shut off…

Me too, grabing a Fenix E35UE after Olight S15 or S20 gets me all kinds of confused.

Archer 2A looks interesting, would love to compare it to my Olight S15, SolarStorm SC01 and Spark SF5 and see if the S15 comes up on top again.

HKE will have them in 10 days.

But do they have US warehouse? I thought Thrunite ships from California.

I'd disagree with that. If the firefly was more like 0.5 - 1 lumen I'd agree, but 0.04 is not very useful, at least to some one my age. As you get older you need more light to see/read and 0.04 just doesn't do it for me anymore.

Even without a strobe I would think that this would be a nice backup light for a cop. Bright with long run times and cheap rechargeable batteries, plus instant access to Turbo and a long throw. Normally I take published run times with a grain of salt, but given Selfbuilts reviews, I'm REALLY impressed

I'll probably buy one or two in NW tint, but I want to wait until I hear how good/bad the tint is on the NW version. Bought a Zebra NW a year or so ago and it was puke green. . Ever since then I've decided to not be on the bleeding edge when it comes to light purchases. .

It will also be nice to see if there is a defuser available (Thrunite or other brand) for when you want more flood and less throw. . .