New US Direct site, DXSoul Launched! Triple surprise wait for you!

Is it really as bad, as stated in these posts ? :~

I can’t order anything from US DX Soul site until my current DX order from May 13 arrives or is refunded. It has been a long wait.

Every other order from far away China, from many small ebay sellers, they all have arrived within 2-3 weeks, some faster using ‘ePacket’.

DX? no, I am still waiting, since May 13. Maybe it’s time for DX to just refund my order so I can start shopping at the new US DX site?

they really truly do sell fake batteries and take 6 months to ship them.

[quote=DX official]

Hello

There are three difference:

1) Most product price is put down, Newly added products are with the same price as dx

2) Broden category: ” Taste of China” &” Personal style & fun”

3) Catogory combined: for example, computer &networking, consumer electronics, video games, camera, laptops was combined to one category: Electronics

To celebrate the dxsoul launched, we offer you some promotions. 100% chance to win the gift for all qualified buyer.

Please have a try now

[/quote
You are blacklisted!

Can I get an update from anyone who has used DXSoul recently. I have never placed an order with DX.com or DXSoul and I wanted to buy some parts and pieces but I don’t want to fall into a problem with deliveries and back orders. So should I trust either of these sites with an order?

I ordered a Sunwayman V10R from DXSoul. It took a week and a half to be delivered, as more-or-less expected. There are other purchase options from established domestic sites that are twice as expensive if I wanted to get it faster and perhaps with less risk. I wanted the super-low price. I accepted the risk.

I have also ordered parts from the regular DX site. They were delivered in fine shape, albeit slowly, owing to the sloooow overseas free shipping. Its just a trade-off. low price vs. speedy delivery. Some risk vs. lower risk. You have choices, which is good.

The variables that leave some buyers unsatisfied in buying from overseas include long periods of no tracking, delays by both countries postal services, and over a week in US customs in some cases. I have experienced all of these as have many others looking for a bargain. These issues are part of the deal and they are not always under the control of the dealer.

Bottom line: I go out of my way to support local dealers like RMM. But sometimes it is nice to snag a screaming bargain too.