New XinTD C8 V3, deeper reflector? More throw?

I have found that my XinTD C8’s button is harder to press than my other lights, but it seems to be mostly because it’s more recessed without compensating by being less stiff than average. It seems to just come that way standard. It doesn’t really bother me, though it would be kind of nice if it was slightly less recessed.

When I got a couple of “EDC 18650”s from Intl-Outdoor, one arrived with a flaky switch. It worked, sort of, but it acted like there was a short or crack somewhere inside the circuit. I asked Hank if he could do anything about it, and he happily included a free switch with my next order.

The XinTD C8 V3 I got there is mostly flawless, with only two tiny imperfections. It has a small chip missing from the emitter dome, but it isn’t visible in the beam and I can only tell it’s there because of its magnified image in the reflector. It also has some barely-visible streaks in the anti-reflective lens coating, only visible from one specific angle. I’m not planning to request any replacement parts.

Overall it’s a very nice light… good throw, smaller than it looks in pictures, smooth bright hotspot, well-built. It seems to throw a bit better than my Skyray King (22.5k cd) with far less blinding flood, but I don’t have actual lux readings. The throw is about halfway between medium (~14k cd) and high (~39k cd) on my TK75, so I’d guess somewhere in the realm of 25k to 30k cd. Not bad for such a little light.

I got the XM-L U3 1C version, with 3-modes, driven at 140mA, 840mA, and 2800mA. The reflector seems to be about 37mm across (compared to ~41mm in the TK75). Its hotspot seems to be about 30% or 40% bigger than the TK75’s, and has well-defined bright edges.

Anyway, I’m happy with it. Now that I have a pocketable, city-appropriate thrower, I’ll be giving the TK75 to my father for use on his ranch.

I do believe that Hank would have quickly jumped to take care of a clear defect like yours that would keep the light from working at all, he doesn’t strike me at all as a crook, not anything like that at all, but I was disappointed that what is evidently the wrong switch for the light is being muscled through by his company, look at all the complaints on the switch on this thread.

This was my first 18650 light, and outside of the clearly flawed switch, the light seems great.

I suspect the recessed firm switch was probably chosen on purpose because the threads aren’t anodized for tailcap lock-out. I find that the switch alone is sufficient to prevent accidental activation inside my purse.

I edc an LD01 on the key chain and an LD12 on the belt, I wouldn’t have thought that people would carry the Xin in a purse.

I bought mine (almost) purely for checking yard noises, and to use single handed while carrying a pistol.

Heh, I just wanted a thrower to play with outside. I don’t really need one; I simply wanted one for my own entertainment. I originally got a TK75, but it’s too big for me to carry around without significant inconvenience. So I decided to give it away and find a more compact thrower instead. I considered a HD2010, but decided it’d probably also be too big. One more step down on the recommended thrower list was the XinTD C8, and so far it seems “just right” for my purposes.

Really, I could get by with nothing but my ZL H51w. It serves all my practical needs adequately, and I use its entire range of brightness levels (0.18lm to 172lm) and carrying options (head strap, necklace, clip, magnet, handheld, etc). All the other lights in my collection are toys.

which light has the hotspot that is 30-40% bigger than the tk75?

The XinTD C8 V3 has a hotspot which appears roughly a third bigger than the TK75’s hotspot. I haven’t actually measured it though; I’m just estimating visually. The XinTD also has sharp edges on its hotspot, while the TK75 has a smoother transition so it’s harder to find the edge unless it’s moving.

My very rough measurements show the TK75’s reflectors at 41mm across, and the C8’s reflector at about 37mm. I had thought the hotspots would be more similar in size, but the difference is about a third. (so, if the TK75 had a spot 30cm across, the C8 would be about 40cm across)

same here !