NEXT 75mm Zoom XM-L - 3.1Amp - 7x14500 - Buildlog w pics

This is a very nice light… I like it how you put the batteries in the body… Congrats… Waiting for updates.

I’ve been waiting for a light like this forever. I wish it was 18650 :wink:

Thanks, like to see the beamshots as well !
At focus, it will be just a 3A XM-L 75mm aspheric. Am curious about the flood-to-throw beam.

Might take months to finish it though.
Want to go back to the workshop, as using my Dremel would ruin the looks.
Then I can test the wiring.
Then bring it to the anodizing.
Then test the lenses before finishing it off.

Wasn’t considering offering a DIY kit yet, let’s see how this build holds up first right?

Incredible

I also like Zoomie lights. that looks like a nice one! I’ll also be watching this build. Nice job & welcome to BLF. Hope you stick around.

Keith

I love zoomies very much as well, as they throw very well and give an even and beautiful flood, but the only problem is that all of the zoomies availabled in the market now has “undersized” lens , underdriven LED or bad lens quality. Those with “acceptable” lens size like Tiablo or Dereelight are not budget though. :frowning:

KOOOOOL!!!
Have you checked out Optolife lenses? Do a search on here and CPF. I have used the 50mm A293/A293MC on my TR1200/MAG PT54/PT120 builds with success. Tried the 52mm with no luck. Although I have a 80mm it is still in the box it but looked good when hand focused with an XRE. They also list a 100mm lens. So many projects and life gets in the way.

What an elegant, good-looking design.

I assume there will be a manner with which to grip the center barrel ?

Please post more as soon as you can; this is a very appealing project.

Looks great, I assume you are making two identical lights and one is for me, isn’t it? Hehe.

I really like zoomies, but haven’t any with more than 44mm lens, unfortunately there aren’t many on the market.

Nice to see I am not the only zoom-junkie :smiley:

Don’t let the picture mock you; its 115mm long and 88mm in diameter. I have no small hands but easily get three fingertips inside, and don’t do bouldering.

This build only fits 76mm lenses with back focal length up to 50mm, Optolife has no matching lens AFAIK.