NIGHTWATCH Seeker NS22 (XHP50.2/SST40 and SST20): discount code posted in op (XHP70.2 now available too)

Anyone order the SST-40 model want to open theirs up and take a picture? :slight_smile:

I looped a 22awg wire on either side of the resistor legs. A few observations. I seem to have only 3 modes now ~1.5amps, 5.x and 5.6-5.7 with a high drain cell. I seem to have lost the lowest mode and some of the other modes went up in current.

EE master C_K, what say you? Iā€™m just some guy with a soldering iron.

I say itā€™s a piece of crap and you should just replace the the thing lol.

BTW are your FETā€™s marked?

No, they look like yours

Itā€™s BS that companies trying to make friends and sell on BLF still do thatā€¦

@tatasal,

PLEASE CONTACT ZHANG NEALE. He has NOT responded in 6 days[three emails sent] Six days ago he told me the tracking was not working because of the weekend.

DHL keeps telling me ONLY a shipping label was created.

If I do not hear from him by Monday I am filing a claim with Paypal.

My order # is 1930

Hopefully you respond to this. I sent you two PMā€™S a few weeks ago about the other light and heard nothing.

Have a good weekend

@wolfdog1226:

Honestly (about your pm to me)ā€”- l donā€™t know what to reply to you!

Pm sent.

Ok sir,I know your doing your best.

I am frustrated w/ this Neal guy. I do not care if I am buying a piece of bubble gum or a Maserati[My Brothers car,I have a Hyundai!!]

, I do not like be ignored and get resentful towards unresponsive people. ā€¦I will get over it.

However, I will send CAPO[Boss/Chief in Italianā€¦mobsters!] and his soldiers over to China to take care of business! lol! :money_mouth_face: :smiling_imp:

The Rofis 21700 fits fine. Thereā€™s plenty of play on the springs.

For XHP70.2 fans, this led variant in now available for this NS22 light:

After a month of ownership, here are my impressions of my Nightwatch Seeker NS22.

What I have:

1. Emitter: SST20-4000K-95CRI
  2. Optional 21700 battery tube
  3. Total cost: $25 including optional tube and free shipping to Alaska (with a discount code). It came with extra 0-rings, a lanyard, an extra rubber switch cover, an extra lens and a lens O-ring. There were no instructions but none are needed.
  4. Battery: Sofirn 21700 40Amp 4000mAh (high drain/unprotected)

Why I purchased this torch: To try a high-CRI 4000K emitter. Most of my lights are 5000K-NW.

Here are my impressions:

Build: Feels substantial. It weighs 237g with this battery. (The similar-sized Astrolux C8 weighs 199g.)
Nice anodizing. Color is pewter-esque.
Reflector: Beautifully smooth, deep, small diameter (for a thrower).
The emitter is the smallest I have ever seen. A marvel. It is domed.
Four levels of light: Low, medium, high and turbo plus a bright strobe.
ā€¢ Low is more like a medium than moonlight. It is a useful level.
ā€¢ Medium is a big jump up in brightness.
ā€¢ High is slightly brighter than medium.
ā€¢ Turbo is slightly brighter than high.
UI: There are two modes to select from. They are described well by Lfatman on 1/22/19. Because high and turbo are so similar I selected the simpler UI (mode#2) which takes turbo out of the simplest sequence of button presses. (Turbo bump-up is still easily available with two quick half presses from L, M or H). It starts up in the last level you used before turning off the light.
Brightness: With the SST-20 emitter, high and turbo are not particularly bright, but bright enough for most uses short of search and rescue. Iā€™m guessing turbo to be maybe 800 lm; High 600 lm; Medium 400 lm; Low 100 lm. These are just eye ball estimates.
Beam profile: Excellent: Very nicely defined and even across the beam. (It has a beam profile similar to my U-Torch 02.) There is minimal spill.
Throw distance: With this emitter throw is similar to other throwers I have that are rated around 600M.
Tint: I like the SST20 4000K-95CRIā€™s warm color. It is significantly warmer than my 5000K NW lights. It is pleasant and, yes, it makes colors pop.
Temperature: There are lots of deep cooling fins designed to dissipate heat and they do their job well: With the SST-20 emitter it gets mildly warm on high and turbo but not hot.
Handling: The four syringe-type flanges on the tail cap make this rear-switched light easy to use.
Portability: Overcoat pocket or cargo pants pocket. It has a good lanyard.
Run time: I recommend getting the optional tube for 21700 batteries. Only $3.

BOTTOM LINE: This is an easy-to-carry, well-built, practical, moderate distance, single-cell thrower. It is an excellent value. So good, in fact, it is tempting to buy another one (or two) with different, brighter emitters. If you donā€™t already have a single-cell thrower and are watching your wallet, buy this one. Buy it to use it. I will use it mine on hikes, on walks and for camping.

How fast does it dim?

Will a standard C8 reflector fit the NS22? It seems that the NS22 reflector is slightly smaller.

I no longer have a C8, perhaps some of us here can provide the answer.

No, it will not work
In the photo: from left to right
NS 22 , C8 , Warson CT9T

Thanks for the comparison photo, nice NS22 quad! What optic is that?

Looks like CUTE 4

I thought for once I had an Original idea of making a quad out of NS22ā€”- Looks like it was a good one

Can someone please confirm the driver size? It seems to be in the 20-22mm range. I have a NS22 incoming but have a few mods planned and want to order some components.

please code