Nitecore Tiki

I got the Tiki LE and found that the PWM isn’t noticeable at all to these old eyes. This looks like it could be it for me for a pocket keychain flashlight. I was using the Ultratac K18 which I like overall except that it kept getting unlocked in my pocket and running the battery down.

Does anyone have pics of this compared to a TIP? How is the beam and brightness compared to it? I currently have the TIP, but I would prefer something a little smaller to have in my pocket if the light is as useful.

The TIKI is ALMOST my perfect tiny edc light. I have actually added a pocket clip (stolen from a maglite solitaire), cut down the keychain loop to add a magnet, so that it can now also tail stand, and I polished the “window” for the AUX leds. Only a few changes would make this literally my ideal tiny EDC.

1. Slightly longer in order to have a bit higher capacity, basically like the updated A8x (it has 330mAh but I would want ~350)
2. .5 lumen instead of 1 lumen ultra-low/moonlight
3. low/high modes for the high CRI light
4. Clip (similar to the A8x)
5. Slightly longer stepdown from Turbo (~1.5 minutes, but I think ~2 should be doable if we have a slightly larger light for the capacity increase and therefore more for heat dissipation)

Since it’s a keychain light I would be fine with having to modify it to add a magnet on the tail again, so I wouldn’t expect that change. Other than Moonlight the current mode spacing is perfect, and there is no need to change the main emitter or modes. 300 stepping down to 120 (maybe 150?) is perfect.

So Nitecore, if you read this, Please come out with a Tiki 2! I would buy a few of them!

365 nm UV emitter is not very strong, does not show security features as well as other lights. My MecArmy SGN-3 is better at that.

Other than that, a nice keychain light.