Nitecore TINI overhaul - MELD UI + ultraviolet

OK, thanks for the answer. :slight_smile:

I have a couple questions...

What size wire did you use on the MCU chip and what tools did you use to solder it with?

BTW, this is some cool stuff. Thanks for sharing.

I use 34AWG magnet wire for this - it is enamel insulated, so you can strip the ends by burning off the enamel with solder instead of mechanically stripping it. For soldering my favorite is a Metcal SMD rework iron with a fine conical tip, although I’ve done work like this with a lot of different irons. The Metcal is fairly expensive but something cheaper like the TS100 would be capable of doing it. The most important tool is a stereo microscope. This scale of work is just possible without magnification, but it is enormously easier under a microscope, and stereo vision is a necessity. The other thing that’s very helpful is flux - when I’m doing a solder joint to one of the pads on the microcontroller, it’s tough to add solder without adding too much, so I usually tin everything, then put a tiny amount of flux on the wire, then just reflow it without additional solder.

:+1: Nice!

Crazy modding… :stuck_out_tongue:

I have a question though:
Is an emitter swap doable?
3500K 219C 92CRI would be nice.

Yes it could be done, the led is mounted on flex PCB but it would withstand a reflow. Hot air would be best

Superior workmanship, design, and creativity as always. It seems, I learn something every time I read (and reread one of your threads). Congrats on the new light and thank you for sharing ttrev3.

Vinh swaps 219c into this, so yes, it’s possible.
Jerommel, if you do it, please report on how did it go. I consider trying this as well. With 4000k CRI90 LH351D.

Well, i ordered a TINI Cu yesterday, so we’ll see in a few weeks or so if and how it is doable.
I have no hot air reflow equipment, so i expect it to be quite a challenge…

Any news?

BTW it occurred to me that one can swap battery for a more powerful one, those lipos can deliver a lot with RC ones commonly being rated for 25C continuous and 75C happens with the most powerful ones.
If this:
Page Not Found - Aliexpress.com delivers its specs, it can do over 6A continuously with 10% capacity loss. Frankly, I’m suspicious of Aliexpress cells, but I don’t see a trustworthy source at this size….

Yes, the Cu version was lost by the Hague postal workers…. Probably stolen package… A**holes…
….so i ordered a silver aluminium one a few weeks ago and it arrived today (yesterday now).

I swapped the XP-G3 for an SST-20 3000K 95CRI

My apologies for the necroposting.

tterev3, do you happen to have a higher resolution version of this image:

?

My TINI died and this will greatly help me troubleshoot, but I can’t make out the text of your image.

Thanks!

Also, AWESOME mod!

Found the original, hopefully this is better:

Let me know if you have any questions about it

MUCH better.
I have to admit I did not think I’d get a reply with the actual image, let alone so quickly.

Many thanks!