NiteCore TM36 Lite Superthrower

I have had my TM36Lite for a couple weeks now, and I like the beam and it’s reach. I measured pretty close to the claimed 310kcd, at 306kcd on 25r’s. The light actually responds better to higher current capable batteries too. My question is has anybody maxed out the stock driver yet, to see what the light is capable of? Link would be appreciated. I enlarged your pic of the driver, and If I’m not mistaken, I see (2) FET’s and (2) R050 resistors? I’m thinking on doing a resistor mod/change and also replacing the FET’s with lower resistance FET’s. Now to figure out how to get the driver/battery pcb out with out too much damage? And does anybody know what the SBT70 LED is capable of sustaining current at also? Thanks for any info or links to mods,much appreciated!! :wink:

At which distance did you measure the throw?

I measured mine stock @ 13meters, using Panasonic 2900 PD with PCB (Intl Outdoor) and got 360Kcd.
Test results compared with tested reference light (modded Thrunite Catapult V2 @ incredible consistent 225Kcd)

Kenjii did not pimp the stock driver on my light because it was a pain in the ….rse to get it out.
It was damaged and replaced by the venerable LD2 6A.

You might want to contact Vinh54 @ CPF?

Grtz
Nico

Hi,

Vinh told me he stacks another R030 on top of the existing resistors when he uses XP-G2 or XM-L2 :slight_smile:

Regards

Kenjii

awesome thrower mod! :slight_smile:

I get 76500Lux @ 2M with my set-up which I know is low compared to 2 of Vinh’s light one of which is the TK61V4 which I measured at 666kcd. (Claimed 740kcd.) Regardless it’s my base line set-up, for when I do my mod I should see improvement? In this regard I do not care about accuracy, just improvement! :wink: Edit: On AW protected cells I measured 75800 Lux@ 2M so the light improved with the 25R’s, maybe solder blob my vtc5’s and get even more out of it? :open_mouth:

Thanks! Is the SBT70 capable of more than 4-5amps? I wonder?

Hi,

if i remember the datasheet correctly, i think it can handle up to 11A :wink:

My guess is, that the driver goes more or less to direct drive with the additional resistor because of parallel battery setup.

Regards

Kenjii

Very cool, thank you very much!! :wink: I suspected that due to the improvements with better batteries, just don’t want to toast it? :bigsmile:

Yes, the cells used do make a difference because they are all parallel. Kenjii measured the modded version (mine, all mine… :slight_smile: with Sony VTC5 @ 842Kcd, distance he measured at was, I believe 8 Meters.
I allways test my throwers on a 13 meters “range”.
Also I noticed that the TM36Lite with dedomed XP G2 has a very lar ge and persistentdonut hole, which is visible even beyond 2 meters.
That’s due to a quite small die in a quite large reflector.

I am waiting for Samsung 30Q cells with button top to be available in The Netherlands again so I can do a test with proper cells myself.

Cheers
Nico

Kenjii! How did you remove the copper ring with the driver? I have TM26GT and try to disassemble it too but unfortunately I have no idea how I can do it.

I wonder what kind of LED swappage could be done on my TM38 :wink: