No money, want a flashlight? Sponsored by Gearbest, Banggood, SubSailorVet, CRX, FastTech, Thorfire, secret donor

Ha, no way, that is 196 countries! Wait, hmm, well, never mind. I will not count my flashlights, no I won't :FACEPALM:

Great giveaway. :slight_smile:

Very nice! Someone is gonna get some awesome goodies!

Bump for sure!

:laughing:

Do smartphones count as flashlights? Because, right now, I must confess I have no other li-ion portable light source besides my Moto G.

Cheers ^:)

Ouch. How did you manage that? lol

If the reason you don’t have a light is because you are short on funds, enter for sure.

An anonymous BLF member has donated a “Klarus Mi7 modded with a Nichia 219”. Thanks a lot.

Wow. :open_mouth: There are gonna be more prizes than winners come this point. Maybe this will have to run for longer than at first thought, if so we can draw more winners.

And this is just one more reason why I love BLF.

I failed to mention in my offer of the drone for this give away is for hopefully the winner will use the drone to get awesome beam shots of your new flashlights. What better than to get an above view perspective with a slant to see the throw of the light. What you guys think? I’ve seen some really cool video and still shots taken with a drone of beam shots. Not just beam shots but videos of whatever you want to take pictures of with the drone. I’ll make sure you get some good class 10 memory cards, extra long life batteries and a decent charger. The only requirement for the winner of the drone is to share with us the videos and pictures you take with the drone. Good luck to all who enter!

Great idea for a giveaway, and thanks for the generosity of the benefactors. I won’t enter as I currently have 3 free review lights on their way, and thus not in need of charity :wink: I pass on any review lights I don’t need for my own requirements onto family, and work colleagues (especially those who have just bought new houses and don’t have much money for other stuff).

That’s nice of you to pass on the lights. From April 2016 to present, I’ve got almost 2000 products for review from Amazon sellers. Bluetooth speakers, headphones, all kinds of cameras, drones, riflescopes, camping and hunting gear, every accessory for every cellphone, walkie talkies, flashlights, spy gear, high end electronics, etc… Amazon changed the rules for product for review last November so the amount and quality of goods has dramatically dropped. That’s why I made that post about selling non flashlight related stuff when I first joined here. Anyways, how do you get involved in flashlight reviews? Who do you talk to, and how do you get flashlights? I was good at writing professional reviews for Amazon is why I had so many sellers sending me stuff to write reviews for them. I would like to get into flashlights reviews now.

Hi,
Just approach the company representatives on this or the other forum, and ask that you are interested in reviewing. They may ask for examples of the existing reviews. You may initially be restricted to lower price items, or items of the sellers choosing. Quality of reviews, being on multiple forums, social media, being on YouTube, and occasionally purchasing items from the vendors will increase you likelihood of a positive answer. A negative response is usually just no reply! I’ve found that being honest and critical (but in a well worded “political” way) is not an impediment to being chosen to review. Reviewing a light that already has many other reviews (i.e. some Zanflare and Thorfire lights at present) will usually result in a lower view count (which can be a bit demoralising given the effort in reviewing), so if you have a choice, be quick off the mark, or choose something less reviewed.
Good luck!

Thanks Stephen!

Yeah this is what I thought right away. Pointing flashlights over a field then show the beam from above , very very cool!
I was tempted to write a PM for we haven’t had an income since January 2014. But that was calculated, we are debt free and we do have the funds to prepare our place for starting to earn an income, though it is time to get some incoming finds for sure. I know lots of BLFers in hard situations who ought to get a break so I didn’t enter :wink:
I just start projects for the lights I want so I get my free sample and do not need to justify buying them :smiley:

Orsm idea for a giveaway southland. Its very touching of you. Thanks to the others for joining in on the venture.

More prizes than winners LoL!

Mine is a long and dramatic story, guess it can't be other way in my current situation.

I'll have a light to toy with in a few days. Contacted an old friend recently and inquired him about flashlights. Long story short, he funded me with €60, which together with a few €uros I had I've invested in getting some parts: two ThorFire TA13s from Banggood, two H2-C drivers and two XHP35 HI C2 3000K (CRI85+) emitters from Kaidomain, 4 pieces of the now relabeled all the rage Aspire 18350 1100mAh cells, and a couple of LiitoKala Lii-202 battery chargers. Half of all of it plus my fine workmanship are to produce a fine modified flashlight for my colleague, with batteries and charger. Should end up being a nice, compact and powerful torch. With 2S input, the H2-C can output 30W with ease. I do plan on setting up the driver for ≈2.25A on turbo, which is close to 30W at the emitter. I wonder at what rate will the host heat up.

Should end up being a good compact aspheric thrower, too.

Cheers ^:)

Bump :smiley:

That’s an awesome light crx, and pretty generous of all involved