no purchases from the USA for me for a while (edit: issue solved to some extend)

That’s me trying to apply English rules to Dutch |( I once worked for a company in Leeds where I was the only Englishman amongst about 7 or 8 Dutchman.

sorry, I missed the deeper layers there .

I worked in Leicester for a year, with lots of englishmen.

Well, I knew more scottish and irish people there than native people from Leicester

Maybe the klootzakken in question are Brits.
-Edit Is this something that shouldn’t be repeated in polite company?

I don’t know what it means but it sounds like it should apply to our “Border Force, er Farce er Arse”, yes that’s more like it. :slight_smile:

EDIT………I’ve just looked it up on Google translate and it appears that I was very close.

Are there no vendors in your own country that can meet your needs? Even if they are a little more expensive per item, it should still be cheaper than you ordering directly from here (U.S.). Let your local vendors deal with the hassle of shipping and all that import/export nonsense. Apparently, Amsterdam has some pretty extortionist import taxes!

This is a non issue for me. I have never once directly bought anything from a foreign country. Ever. I’ve heard and read far to many horror stories about it. The fact that we are talking about it now, proves my point. Shipping is usually expensive and worse yet, if ANYTHING goes wrong either with shipping or warranty issues, the whole thing becomes a tedious nightmare and immediately not worth the trouble. I place a value on my time and prefer to waste as little of it as possible. If I need something produced in a different country from mine, I find a U.S. vendor that sells it and handles all warranty/service/return issues. If no U.S. vendor sells that particular item (whatever it is) I change course and pick something else to buy.

It’s not that I don’t like stuff made in other places. My Sony TV was made in Japan but I sure as heck didn’t order it from there to try and save $10. Same for my washer and dryer or air conditioner. All three of them were made in Korea but bought locally. Flashlights? I admit that 95% of my lights are made here (U.S.) but I own a bunch of inexpensive (made somewhere else) lights that I purchased from U.S. vendors for all the reasons I have previously stated.

My best suggestion is to find dealers/vendors in Amsterdam that can accommodate your interests and save yourself a lot of headaches. Many will say they have had no issues with international shipping. Many will tell you the exact opposite. The choice is yours to make.

This is just my 2 cents on international shipping. :slight_smile:

The markets are very different in the US and in European countries, for a start every single EU country has a market significantly smaller than the potential US market, by the time we import these things to sell them (flashlight parts here) they are priced out of the market. The businesses simply don’t exist.

I buy and sell internationally and have experienced only a few problems, though they do generally take longer to work out - on the whole it has worked out in my favour.

If I buy locally, my 'budget' flashlighthobby would not exist, for there are no dutch or even EU dealers for cheap chinese stuff, at least not for the prices we pay overseas.

But the issue in the OP has lessened now I know the EU limits for taxing :-)