Noctigon Meteor M43 official sales and discussion thread

For those who have it or have reviewed it, is the Noctigon Meteor M43 with Nichias still relevant in light of current offerings?

OK I wiped my brow. :+1:

:+1:

My light should be getting near soon.

Well, there’s still nothing else like it… if that answers the question. It’s unusually small, bright for its size, and dense. It has a unique interface too.

Thanks ToyKeeper! I also posted in another thread about this light and got a few members that still think highly of the M43 as well.

I ordered and received my Matte Black Noctigon Meteor M43 with Nichias a few weeks ago. Unique compared to my other higher output lights in my collection. I have a Convoy L6, BLF Q8, a Nitecore TM26GT, An EAGTAC Compact MX 30L3 (KIT) with HCRI Nichias. Also have 2 Emisar D4s both with Nichias. The M43 is bright floody perfection and worth the price of admission! And I can now concur with you and the others that it is unique and still relevant.

price reduced to $98, also add the XP-L HI LED & tint option, while stock lasts!

excellent! Those who waited are rewarded.

Is that mean new METEOR coming soon? :wink:

Awesome!

I’ve read about a different driver for the M43. Is this true? Post #4: noctigon meteor m43 question | Candle Power Flashlight Forum

Or perhaps the Emisar lights we’ve heard whispers of?

We have never changed the M43 driver, it has the same driver since the day released. Emisar and Noctigon are different product lines, they have totally different drivers.

Thanks! :+1:

Has anybody swapped the stock optics for anything else?

Interested in the Carclo 10511 narrow frosted optic for a more gradual transition of spot to spill.

I feel like DC fix would not be a suitable option for such a nice light.

Please do share…
:slight_smile:

This is my version:
Link

I put 10511 optics in mine—It’s one of the original XP-G2 dedomed version— I modded the 511 optics the Comfychair method—slightly sanded and polished the optic—- the light went from 67k throw to 60k throw—but now the hot spot to spill transition is much smoother and almost all of the outer distracting lines etc are almost non existent—-the 511 is my favorite optic in almost all my triples

@ma tumba,
Which optics are those? Do you use those frosted ones along with the stock and mix them 2+2?

@chops728,
From 67k to 60k is a very small drop. Would you say the spill is larger on your polished 10511? Did you test the throw before the polish?

Thanks for the feedback.

I wouldn’t say the spill is larger—just more defined/filled in

It’s strange that I couldn’t find any detailed review of this flashlight except the review in Russian

and that is extremely nice to have. I love my D4 for it’s size and potential, but in a light like my meteor I prefer maximum output independed of the charge level of the battery. Thanks for offering exactly that :slight_smile:

That is a bit weird. I mean, the light’s driver originated in Russia, but it has been enjoyed all over. Perhaps mhanlen’s review is of interest?

Thank you for the link,
i’m looking for a more ‘technical’ review, i have one m43 on the way to me and plan to mod with my nichia 219b r9080, however I’m not sure if the difference in led Vf would cause any issues.
Does the driver produce constant current regardless of the led used! even in turbo mode?
Probably i need to read the review in Russian using google translate