Noctigon Meteor M43 official sales and discussion thread

Not meaning to be rude, but your OCD is not a defect in the product. There is no real need for the 4 sets of three to align with the switch so it’s not a defect. Perhaps not aesthetically pleasing to someone with OCD, but that’s not a fault of the light.

I forget. Is the Meteor MCPCB easily rotated? … Looking at Hank’s store, it looks like it may not be. In his images, it’s screwed down and has wires coming from a non-central location. Not sure if it has always been that way though. Could be worth opening it up to check, in case it’s an older design or something which might be able to spin.

I’ve never actually noticed the alignment on mine.

The MCPCB should be screwed to the shelf, so it shouldn’t rotate at all. Of all the pics I’ve just looked at, the LEDs always align with the switch. I wonder if komeko’s M43 is missing the screws?

Mine is also not aligned. I didn’t notice this before, not a big problem but this certainly is one thing need to be improved

To be honest, I thought the massive MCPCB was screwed down in such a way that it did align… mine has been modified so I can’t tell from it.

The bezel comes off fairly easily, removing the black cover piece is more tedious but doable, perhaps just turning it upside down on paper with the bezel removed will allow it to fall out, a bump could help. Could be that the screws are indeed missing and that’s what I’d suspect happened, not sure how it could though, someone had a hangover?

The thing is, there are two small screw holes and one wire hole… it shouldn’t be able to twist even without the screws as this would cut the wires…

All this talk, had to play with mine and recharge some Samsung 30Q’s … I guess it’s getting old and tired, it’s “only” doing 9120 lumens these days….

I’m confused. How about a picture showing where the switch is supposed to align with the LEDs. My switch lines up directly in the middle between the 2 sets of LEDs. Is that correct? It really would not matter to me where it was, honestly.

The MCPCB is screwed. You can see the manufacturer has stopped applying the weight to the details. Shame. I got this answer from Hank: “This light is never designed to make the switch to be centered with the LED, if you happen to see one which the switch is center with the LED, that is only an accident, which is maybe 1 in 10 pcs”. In all the pictures I saw on the web, they were all equal, that’s why it upset me. Of course, I will strip it and improve it. Three additional holes and two threads are not a problem.

I hear you, the Meteor M43 has always been seen as a premium product even if it’s reasonably priced given the performances.
Plenty of people have bought this light and made superb pictures of it and it always gave a premium feeling to me.
Misalignment is not a failure, but it doesn’t give you that premium feeling that you partially paid for…
Bummer

Just checked mine that was ordered a few days ago…seem to look okay in terms of alignment.

+1

My eyes were hurting when I saw that picture.

What picture? Mine?
I like that carbon look on the tail of CRX’s Meteor. Is that some kind of a sticker one could buy anywhere?

There was a picture posted, but it’s gone now.

That’s just carbon fibre wrap. I put that on because I drilled out the tail cap and epoxied on a kydex disc so I could fit a TP5000 charging unit in the tail.

Oh that’s a nice mod! :+1:
I always get sick and tired of unscrewing the M43’s tube ’til it gets loose with a loud “whooaaap” :confounded:

appreciate the photos showing the position of the switch - thanks

Okay, today I can not take it anymore and I have removed all the “defects”. I leveled Ledy and centered the tube. By the way, I applied the coil paste because it was not. Some photos:

As you can see, the curvature is quite strong.

Driver and dry coil

As you can see, the manufacturer also changed the thermal paste. Now it is traditional and quite a lot of it

And the final effect. Why was it not like new? Sigh …

CBA.pl
Best free hosting :smiley: