Non budget AA flashlight: Fenix LD20. Worth it?

If tint or a moon light mode is of concern, 4Sevens has their neutral 2AA in stock at the moment.

I like my E21... the 2 modes makes the forward clicky work every time the same way. I don't like that the LD20 has blinky modes in every group. The clip, the thinness and upgraded emitter are nice though.

Yes Fran82, the LD20 will worth the money.

You just want to find someone to convince you not to buy it, but you will not find. LOL

OK, I love the LD20... but I am searching other candidates..... finally I will not find another as good as the LD20...

I have had my fenix ld20 premium q5 flashlight for years, i used it while fishing nights with the original diffuser a lot, id run it on high for anywhere around an hour to an hour and a half straight on a pair of batteries, rechargeables nimh of eneloop, duracell, and energizer varieties, i used it as a lantern, itd get warm, maybe even hot, warm in the winter time, hot in the summer. After it ran the batteries low, i would change to a new set, id repeat up to 4 or 5 times a night until id go home. I think thats some major runtime testing, i havent used it in nearly a year, but recently got back into flashlights, and it has become my favorite again, i have all types of leds from the p4 cree lights to xml, ssc p7, xpg r5, 3xml, mce. This thing works, and works hard compared to the rest. I even have american streamlights and surefires halogen and led versions. This is my first post here, and i only got on to praise my ld20, its not the brightest, but it comes on every time i hit the switch, nice spot, and enough throw. The paint is still scratch free, ive never dropped it in all these years, lens is still scratch free. Cant say the same about my other lights, ive had a few ultrafire c3 q5s, they all came in different tints and all failed or stopped working in a month or 2 with very little use, none of them were nearly as bright, beams could not compare and were garbage compared to my ld20. This light has had the most use and still keeps on kicking, dont ever doubt buying this little flashlight.

fran, did you ever get the LD10 or LD20?

and why not? ;)

Very useful first post jaysay, thanks for the contribution. I nearly pulled the trigger on the LD20 (before I discovered the temptation of budget lights!) In the end I bought the Saintfire K25 instead. I don't regret the purchase, it's a great flashlight, one day I may buy the Fenix as well to compare. I've never read of an owner who doesn't like the LD20.

And welcome to BLF.

never heard of this XXX-fire company before ;)

i think the most popular XXX-fire clone of the Fenix LD10/LD20 is the Ultrafire C3 (which was cloned again). Probably 10 or 20 different UF C3 versions exist (different driver, different emitter, built quality, modes, ..). Big time lotería. Yeah probably true, you wont find any LD20 owner who is not satisfied.

But it's also true that it's not very bright. I once owned one. I was rather impressed by the brightness of any of my other budget/non-budget torches! And then i quickly sold the LD20 (because i wouldnt want to use it because my other torches were brighter).

Neither of them. I finally bought the JetBeam Ba20. Cheaper and with more lumens output, but with less modes and a bit less runtime.

similar thinking here. Fenix expensive. Klarus brighter

Excellent choice. :)