Not so ordinary lights

ok, i have few of those.

Also, two lights have thermal control.
They have tstats in their heads, reading heatsink temp, both use hyperboost drivers, normally dimmer control is done by external pot, however in these lights there is also a 15 ohm resistors paralel to pot, a relay that is turned on\off by tstat switches dimmer circuit from pot, to resistor, once temp ot the heatsink gets to 70c, relay disconnects the pot and connects resistor, putting the light in lowest mode. untill temp drops by 10c, than it all switches back.
here is a diagramm of one.
this particular has 6xpg2 and tripple deep red rebel.

Thanks for sharing alpg88. That is some nice and unique work!

Nice. Retro-Futuristic looking flashlights. They would look good in a movie !

Just awesome work there. Love the idea and how they turned out. Very unique and well done for sure.

They looks really cool :)

Could you post 1-2 beamshots of a one-LED-flashlight and of a 3 or 4 LED flashlight please?

Seems like something I saw a couple of years ago, just can’t remeber where.

build another one, this one with active cooling, has t stat glued to heatsink the leds mounted to, and 5v fan, the head has 12 xte 4000k, driven at 700ma each. clear lens at the middle, frosted narrow are on the ends, than on the side there is a triple with red\green\uv 365nm. (used pmma ledil tir, and pmma window), there is also a yellow inside the housing, it shines backward thru the clear middle layer of teh housing, it has pwm board from old dx 2,8a driver, mid\low\hi\strob\sos, uses 4 li ion for the main lighht i used luxdrive flexblock, wired in boost mode, for color leds i have 700 buckpack from luxdrive, and rear yellow is driven at 150ma by luxdrive driver.
main switch is a potentiometer with pull\on push off switch build in, color switch is 6 position rotary switch that uses only 3 position, with off ” between each color. simple spdt switch tranfers power to either color triple or yellow. charging is done via ballance tail, 5 pin cb radio plug\outlet is used for chargin. it is about 95% done, needs little details, like fan cover, shortening of switches……

i am expecting a luxmeter to come in the mail within few days, than i’ll be able to mesure intensity.

Nice. Different is good! Thanks for sharing. :slight_smile: