Now AE store supports Paypal

In fact,I dont know how Paypal work with AE, and how much they chare the buyer.

My opinion is, if our buyer pay too much for our store’s order, I will afford it.
after all, it is a business for a seller, but a consumption for a buyer.

But the affording of Paypal fees should be limited to >10 USD. otherwise,it is some hard to operate it.

Good wishes

I don’t mind who it was (it’s un-marked rude now), but it wasn’t rude, it’s just how things are in my humble opinion.

I didn’t know that.
I always use a bank transfer, which is free of charge (as far as i can tell).
Fact remains that someone has to pay fees, and in the end that will be the buyer, because the buyer is where the money comes from.
When a seller compensates the buyer for the fees, buyers who use a method without charge will not be compensated and in a way pays a little extra (because that buyer will not be compensated).
I’m not gonna loose any sleep over it, but i just hope the prices will stay low.

I do not use credit cards internationally. Period.

So I was really disappointed that the PayPal thing did not work out with Jaxman.

I will not buy from AE until PayPal becomes a reality.

:slight_smile:

While I didn’t complete the purchase, I did have the PayPal option available at checkout on the Jaxman store. Also a few things were still in my cart from months ago.
Ali gets stupid sometimes, frequently getting into a page that is not english. Is that something you experienced recently?
Before PayPal was used directly, I used my PayPal debit card as a Visa @ checkout. Yeah, I know… but still was the lesser of two evils.

Yes, I experienced that yesterday. Even when I clicked “translate to English” the page at checkout was still in Chinese. Unfortunately, I do not speak, read, or write Chinese. So I just dropped out from the purchase and then received email code paswords. Arghhhh… :person_facepalming:

ETA: Oh yeh, at checkout it had added items that I had apparently looked at MONTHS AGO…so watch out there. :wink:

When not English I recall using a link at top to View Global Site or something similar. It will take you to the main front of Ali and should be English. Search Jaxman from there and may help to STAY in English. hope it helps.

Streamer, would you potentially consider using a virtual credit card? I understand there are fees involved but those few percent wouldn’t matter if the purchase price isn’t high. I use Entropay on AE and I am happy with the solution so I can buy driver parts or the odd emitter.

I could actually see the PP option on the jaxman store with fees when I posted earlier.

Yup, that is happening more and more in the last months! But the option to go to View Global Site is the solution! Mine appears in spanish, russian, and other languages (I use English as default page).

That is close to the option I use now, as the bank policy now hinders my debit card to be used in online shopping.
In Portugal I use MBNet, that allows to make virtual credit cards (for 1 or more shops, depending on the use you need) and you just use the references it gives you to make the online orders.

Your real card stays safe (despite I heard some issues from people that made a virtual card to be used more than once) and normally there is no problem.

These can also be used associated to PayPal. My last order from Gearbest, I used a virtual card associated to PP and it worked. A fee (1,20€, I guess) was paid, but nothing more than that!

Perhaps people can use similar options for Jaxman store :wink:

If you really want to go after US buyers have you considered Amazon Fulfillment?

There are a few Jaxman lights on Amazon already but I don’t think they are from you officially. They include some of your top lights such as the E2 and the U1. The U1 is considered “Amazon’s Choice” as a good quality product and has a bunch of great reviews. But it is being sold for $70! Some E2 are being sold for as much as $150 though I doubt many people buy at that price.

You ship a crate of individually packaged lights with barcode stickers to amazon and they take care of payment processing and shipping and returns. Total fees to you are approximately $3 per unit sold.

Disclosure: I run an site that uses amazon affiliate links.