NOW SHIPPING: Haikelite MT02 interest list

Mine too. :sunglasses:

Canā€™t wait!

i add the deal tis minutes to my list ;)

Mine Arrived Today. What a beautiful light. come to think of it I wished i ordered the white one. Nothing wrong with the black though.
Too bad no NW version. iā€™ll swap for NW emitter eventually

Got mine today.
Beautiful light, indeed.

But the beamā€¦ not a thrower and the beam pattern looks kinda ugly.
Also I doubt the 2500lm claim.
Itā€™s not really that much brighter than a C8 with XM-L2 (NW) and a 2.8A driver. (MT02 driven with 2 30Q@4.1V).

I would regret the buy if I would have spent 52$ for this.
For the price I paid itā€™s an OK light.

Edit: And the ā€œStrobeā€ mode isnā€™t strobing - itā€™s a very slow fade in fade out

The UI of MT02 changed a bit.

Double click for turbo.

Long press 2 seconds to Strobe. Long price 4 seconds to detect the battery power.

Hi!

Thanks for that info.
In Turbo, the light is indeed brighter - I am pleased with that :wink:

The battery voltage detection doesnā€™t work properly - it flashes 3 times twice - so I guess 3.3V - but the cells are both well over 4V.
No problem for me though - I donā€™t use those modes on other flashlights as well.

Itā€™s working. Above 3.6V will flash 3 times

Thanks

Alright, thanks :slight_smile:

This is mine on ceiling bounce test. Did you put the light on Turbo?

Haikelite MT02 on High 100 Lux
Haikelite MT02 on Turbo 160 Lux
BLF A6 110 Lux (XPL draws 4.1A about 1400L)
Imalent DN70 180 Lux(high) 2500L claimed
Imalent DN70 250 Lux(turbo) 3800L claimed
Nitecore EC11(900L) 85 Lux XML2
Fenix UC30 (960L) 80 Lux XML2 draws 2.8A
Convoy L6 on High 270 Lux (3300+ lumens 5.1A draws)

So on my MT02 it is twice as bright as my XML2 U2 lights which draws 2.8A. Almost as bright as my imalent DN70 on High(2500L)
and brighter than BLF A6 on Turbo but I could see on high it is slightlymore than XML2 at 2.8A but the difference probably not that noticeable on the eye

I agree on the beam pattern not perfectly smooth but barely noticeable and this light although not a true thrower its has some range and the hotspot has a character of thrower.

Compared to some of my light

Convoy L6

Haikelite MT07.

for those who like wall hunting.

btw. How did you put this light on strobe? i was clicking the button and the lights was ramping up and down but couldnā€™t repeat the process. double clicking is turbo on my light. It said in the haikelite that double clicking is Strobe but when double clicking on mine it goes on to Turbo.

Long press from off - first strobe, if you hold the button while the strobe flashes you get into the bat-power-mode.
But with your lux measurements my statement that the light on high is just a tiny bit brighter than a 2.8A XM-L2 is correct - Turbo-Mode of course changes that a bit :smiley:

@HaikeLite Official:
Is it possible to get a chart with all the modes?
Everywhere where I look, this light only has 4 modes + strobe - but it has 5 + strobe + fading (also I canā€™t find the fading mode now :D)

EDIT: Didnā€™t realized Haikelite replied while i type my responds. Lol now it is clear.

Yeah that is true i assumed High you mean Turbo. My bad :smiley:

Since this is how Haikelite post the modes in their website because their Turbo is hidden.
Low Low 50lumens 75 hrs
Low 250 Lumens 15 hrs
Middle 850 Lumens 5 hrs
High 2500 Lumens 105 minutes

To be honest now i am confused. I counted 4 modes and Turbo by double clicking so it is supposed to be 5 modes in total which Haikelite doesnā€™t even mentioned

The high is not supposed to be 2500 Lumens that where the Turbo is.

Ok i tried that, it was a Strobe just like a normal strobe i couldnā€™t find the ramping up and down mode i kept holding the button and it indeed went to bat check mode which i dont understand :innocent:

Agreed, where can we get a clear instruction on how the light modes work. Come on Haikelite.

Wellā€¦ I feel a bit silly now.
I already have a sheet of paper where the modes are correctly on them - it was within the case of the light :person_facepalming:

So, it has 4 brightness levels plus turbo, strobe, a lockout function, battery detection (3 flashes = >50, 2 flashes 35-50, 1 flash <25%)

Edit: Also, I will try the XHP35Hi in 5000K: http://www.kaidomain.com/p/S026107.Cree-XHP35-HI-Neutral-White-5000K-LED-Emitter-with-KDLIGHT-3535-20-20mm-x-1_6mm-DTP-Copper-MCPCB

Hi L4M4, mine arrived today but I donā€™t have the paper with the corrected mode spacing, are you able to share the info you have on the 5 modes please?

Sure

ā€œ500 Lumens medium mode is bright enough for daily useā€

Thanks but Iā€™m not sure that this clarifies everything, mine has the same sheet and the other side states

Low Low ā€“ 50 Lumens ā€“ 75 Hours
Low ā€“ 250 Lumens ā€“ 15 hours
Middle ā€“ 850 Lumens ā€“ 5 hours
Double Click ā€“ High ā€“ 2500 lumens ā€“ 105 minutes

If we add in 500 lumen mode then I guess that would make it

Low Low ā€“ 50 Lumens ā€“ 75 Hours
Low ā€“ 250 Lumens ā€“ 15 hours
Middle ā€“ 500 Lumens ā€“ ? hours
High - 850 Lumens - 5 Hours
Double Click ā€“ Turbo ā€“ 2500 lumens ā€“ 105 minutes

But to my eyes this doesnā€™t seem right. I have a light meter built into my multi meter, not sure how accurate it is and Iā€™m in a room with the projector on and canā€™t be bothered doing a more scientific test, but I bounce light off the nearby wall and record the reading on my meter I get:

8 lux with torch off
Low low - 43
Low - 180
Med - 420
High - 800
Turbo - 1300

So I think the jump from medium to high is too much for the above spacing to be correct. I think when they decided to change it theyā€™ve redone all modes rather than just adding an extra mode in

Hi, Martin
Please code ā€“ MT02

Hello Martin, couldnā€™t find the MT02 code on your website, can you please PM it to me ?

Thanks

Just ordered the silver one. Damn you BLF! :smiling_imp:

I just changed the XHP35 to a XHP35 HI - donā€™t do that. Massive donut hole :frowning:
I qill order another XHP35 with 5000K and use that.