Old-Lumens

THANK YOU, DBSAR, for reviving a remembrance of Justin (Old Lumens). What a great guy. As a newbie, I was reticent to bug him with a question, but he was very helpful and not critical at all. What a wonderful pillar of the flashaholic community… I’d actually not thought of him for quite a while, so it’s good to see this.

I hope Mrs. Old Lumens is doing alright and keeping her life bright. :wink:

I’m glad to know his videos are still around. I’ll have to watch a few. I wonder what he’d think of the Anduril UI? I imagine he’d be a super enthusiast for it, given how he appreciated the NovaTac 120P.

HE WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN!

Unfortunately Mrs. Old Lumens passed away back in 2018.

I am unaware of they had any children, and if they did, -do they know of his significance & skills here on BLF. Maybe Dale (DB Custom) would know…

Just re-watched one of Old Lumen’s vids, can’t believe it’s been 5 years.

Rest in Peace Justin and Valerie.

On my first return to this forum after nine years away, I’ve just learned of this tremendous loss to our community. I’m heartbroken at the loss of Old Lumens and his wife. At the same time, it warms my heart to see how Old Lumens was remembered here. I’ll cherish the light we built together.

I joined this forum in Justin’s heyday and was just mesmerized at his videos that showed what a person could produce just using hand tools. I didn’t sleep well back then because I hadn’t yet been diagnosed with sleep apnea. I got lucky several times late at night when I was on BLF and out of the blue he would post up one of his lights for sale. I have 4 of his “human lathe” cut down D-cell Maglites. They are some of my most prized possessions. Rest in Peace Justin & Valerie.

DBSAR, thank you for bumping this thread.

Justin was an inspiration for many of us, not just in his build but in how he conducted himself as a human being. Like others, I sometimes go back and re-watch his videos just to see him.

He embodied the early spirit of BLF & is greatly missed.

At the same time it brings a smile to my face to see how much of his influence survives with other members of the board and to know he lives on through his legacy.

Gosh… I didn’t realize. Sad to hear this. :frowning: Thanks for letting us know, Bob.

RIP Mr. and Mrs. Old Lumens.

RIP!!

I hope there is someone who will carry the Od Lumens legacy

It was amazing how fast Justin could crank out those maglites, and Bob could crank out some happy little trees. i was lucky to do a guest show with him,

Fun Fact, did you know that, knowone has ever owned a Bob Ross painting! The most famous painter, who never sold a single painting!

After watching that movie about him —I don’t think he ended up with much of the profits from his name either

Guess that means my Bob Ross art collection is fake? Damn…

Wellp, at least I still have the original sword from “The Sound Of Music”…

He was inspirational to so many of my mods. It’s hard to contemplate what I would have accomplished without him and she was always in his thoughts. RIP to the both of them.

I can’t believe it’s been 5 years. RIP

:+1: +1

RIP

After private messaging Dale earlier this evening, it brought up memories of my time here before. Just wanted to hop in and again pay my respects to Justin and His Wife. Justin’s crazy maglite creations are what first brought me to this forum. I still have a couple of his lights on my shelf. He was truly an inspiration and will forever be remembered.

I hope some of you old timers are still in here. I had quite the hiatus, but I’ve been pretty active as of late.

Anyone know what ever happened to Foy?