Olight M2R NW+CW review with measurements (18650, XHP35, USB charging)

No need. Just be gentile removing MCPCB and you’ll be fine

I am not sure what you mean by third ground wire, but I found a gallery online: https://imgur.com/gallery/bdGd1 - mine pretty much looks like this (on mine there was a little white plastic ring around the LED which centers the reflector - be careful not to lose that one if your light has one of those). There are two reddit threads on M2R emitter swap as far as I have seen, you might want to check those out too.

There 2 red and 1 black wire. Long red is ground.

Interesting. Mine doesn’t have that - mine looks like in the album I posted.

I guess different country, different product.

Note XHP35 4500K 90CRI in this one

Thanks for the advice folks!

In fact I don't have the M2R yet : I prefer neutral white lights, but the M2R NW is impossible to find so I'll have to resign myself to ordering the CW. But before ordering it I wanted to make sure I would be able to perform an emitter swap.

Thanks for the reddit threads, in one of them I read the following record: "I tried it and bricked mine. You can't get replacement MCPCBs, so practise lots on cheap flashlights until you are confident you can perform a reflow correctly, before risking your expensive flashlight. I learned the hard way!". Wise advice, so I'm a bit worried, since I carried out an emitter swap only once, about 10 years ago, and I don't have a budget light at hand to practise.

Mine doesn’t have it too. It came from Australia.
Only black and red wire, and a screw to hold the board in place when rotating the bezel (and eventually the reflector).

Hi all,

I took the opportunity of a discount (+ free i1R 2 EOS) to buy this light from the French Olightstore.

I fully agree with Maukka's criticizing the color transition between center and edges of the beam, which will justify an emitter swap if I decide to keep the light.

I might return it because of the tail switch. I find it too difficult to operate with the thumb, first because it is flush with the tail (and even slightly recessed in its center), and because it is somewhat hard to press. I can't manage to keep it half-pressed to get a stable Turbo in the tactical mode: pressing too hard goes to Strobe (which I may want to use but not always), too little pressure makes the light flicker. And maintaining Strobe for more than a few seconds is equally difficult.

I've tried to put a small round magnet on the center button, this makes it easier to operate as it now protrudes a bit, but #1 the light is less stable in tailstand mode, and #2 it is still difficult to maintain the correct pressure between unwanted Strobe and flickery Turbo.

Your thoughts and suggestions on this issue of mine?