Olight question

I’ve been sporting the h2r nova in NW at work for years. In the lower modes mine does seem to have some tint shifts. Honestly the magnetic charger is awesome edc. So much so I bought the universal one also to put in my backpack for the rest of my batteries. :beer:

Count yourself ” lucky “. I purchased the M3X Ultra Thrower back in 2017 during holidays. Missing components. Spent numerous attempts to contact Olight CS. NO SUCCESS!!!

Olight sales are but CS NEEDS REVAMP!!!

Go for it. Has great WOW factor.

Should have grabbed both around the holidays. They were the cheapest I had seen them during that time. I am on a mission for a new table side AM/FM radio at the moment. Maybe after that I will grab one. Which one would you get if you could only get one of those two?

Todd, I would go with DX80 because from what I know most bugs have been fixed. I got the latest version. Great flooder lights up everything. With that amount of light provides some decent throw due to sheer brightness. The MF01 is good too.

My only Olight is an i3e eos AAA flashlight that I got a few years ago. For $10, it’s hard to beat, but compared to some other AAA flashlights I have, it is less useful in that it only has one brightness level and there is no pocket clip. Lately, every time I have been shopping for a flashlight and I put an Olight model on the table, it always gets ruled out in favor of another light that either: is less expensive, doesn’t have a goofy charging method with exposed contacts, carries lens-down in a pocket, doesn’t have a magnetic tailcap, has a better tint, has a more useful UI and in one case because the other model had a removable battery while the Olight battery, for the comparable model, was not removable. The price is a big factor, but not the only factor. I’ll pay more than what Olight charges for a Zebralight because they check more boxes for me.

…in the cold?

Yeah, they have a penchant for cooler tints. But, they often do them pretty well. I have a S2A that I got to review, and frankly it’s one of the nicer cool beams I’ve seen around. Pretty darned good 2xAA light, actually. Simple, useful, well thought out UI.

Now, Olight had a big learning curve. They made some real crap back in the day when Fenix was king of Made in China flashlights. I do agree that it’s a bit off putting to find that the 18650 cell in your Olight with recharging port has a proprietary design, and that only another Olight branded 18650 will work. I have to believe that’s not entirely true, and that a good quality high drain cell from another brand could substitute. But yeah… if you do that and something goes wrong, you’re outta luck.

I have one Olight with a NW emitter that looks quite neutral stand-alone, and looks almost CRI when next to a cool beam. In an S1 titanium (before the S1R came out). Yeah, the TIR optic is plastic, but inset enough that it doesn’t get scratched up. Good smooth beam. It’s one of my top favorite single 16340 cell lights.

I’ve got an S10 and an S15 that are used, a little nicked, and absolutely no point in trying to sell them (I’d get what, $10 a piece if that). So they stick to the refrigerator (due to those great tailcap magnets) and do all kinds of odds-n-ends duty where they take the abuse instead of my more prized lights.

However, I would add that I was a bit dismayed to see the R50 Pro Seeker suffer a number of problems that you wouldn’t expect to see from an established company like Olight. They really ought to follow up with a correction to that, and give existing owners a discount to upgrade.

I have had a few Olight’s for several years now and they are all still working, so when the Christmas sale came around this year I purchased a few more.
They work, so I buy more. Not the best tint or beam, decent UI, look nice and well built. I strictly like their smaller EDC lights and especially their limited edition lights. Titanium and copper lights are my favorites.

Perhaps. :slight_smile:

I have no reason to buy an Olight when I can get something cheaper, with potted (more durable/waterproof) electronics, in the tint I want for the same price or cheaper.

They have had some real nice designs in the past and have one of the best UI’s

If you can change out their puke green emitters, you could have a great light.

I have my s mini with 4000k xml2 for many years now and I still use it every day.

My one and only experience with Olight customer service was just in the last two months, and it was horrible.

I tried to have several rounds of communication with them but it would take a week and a half to two weeks before I would get any response. I’ve been an Olight supporter for many years now, but I won’t be purchasing any more lights from them anytime soon.

I have a couple of NW H2r’s in work, my most used light. I dont use or care for the built in charging(too slow for one, other than having multiple, what do you use when your charging the battery). So i covered up the neg contact around the positive post on both my olight 30Q’s , and for charging slap in my works vp1. The UI i like, the temp i would put near 4k and one of the nicest “tints” so to speak.

Pretty tough, took many drops and whacks on the head(hard hat), 10ft drop and survived, 20ft+ off scissor lift not so well.
The fatal drop was from the conveyor, magnetic tail stuck on the inside when changing a motor/ V belts.

I contacted olight UK and sent off, within a total of 3 days i had a new H2r back. So olights customer service has been above and beyond most. Any more expensive USA brands to return of course would take weeks due to postage time/customs/fixing/returning.
Work lamps

I actually contacted olight UK the other week, i was getting 2 blinks now and then when double tapping for turbo. Offered to send it in and send me another . I am kind of attached to its semi beat patina now(ano chips and dings). So i undone the inside of tail cap that did feel tight, open up, re-fit tight and not blinked since. So at least if it does return, i can ship off. 5yr warranty is not bad either.

A big down side for me, i am not getting much torch time now, just so handy and easy to remove from head mount. So my torches have been sat there unless i deliberately use(which i do from time to time).

I have had a few olights over the years, some modded, others not. From my experiences, i would say Olight are a decent manufacturer and would buy another. Providing the colour temp and UI suit my needs. From my customer service , i do have more confidence in them than previous. After all, no matter the brand or cost, only when something goes wrong does a manufacturer/company show its true colours.