Olight S Mini

I never liked the tint on my raw copper S-mini. It was kinda greenish in the center and had a pronounced blue ring corona. Not sure if the TIR had anything to do with it though. Good news is that its easy to fix with an emitter swap. :slight_smile:

So I’ve got to get it away from my wife and crack it open, put a 5000K Nichia 219C in it? She’d better not catch me!

Never knew about this light in the not too distant past. Will be an awesome gb light without a doubt. :slight_smile:

I think that would result in a horrible beam pattern. The TIR optic is made for an XM-L2.

There are still some options :smiley:

http://kaidomain.com/p/S026307.Cree-XM-L2-T3-7A3-Warm-White-3000K-3250K-CRI90-LED-Emitter

Yeah there’s a thread here somewhere where someone put a smaller emitter under one of Olight’s TIRs and it looked terrible. I put a XM-L2 5D1 in mine and am very pleased, but then I like warm tints.

I have bunches of TIR optics, maybe I have the right one…

Wonder if I could get away with threading the inside of the head on the SMini, attach it to a 80mm reflector? :confounded:

Got my S Mini from Illumn on Black Friday…anybody know if there’s room in that tiny casing to make the tailcap magnetic like it’s bigger brothers?

I don’t think so. The tailcap is almost completely flat.

If you want a magnet, your best bet is probably to just swap the tailcap from one with a magnet.

I just opened my s-mini (thanks x3?!). I tested the optic with a 219B. Meh. I have ever a couple xml2 5D1 coming. Beautiful tint. I’ll use that.

I wonder how it looks with an XPL HI

You’re welcome :slight_smile:
Once again, someone tried a 219 under Olight TIR and found it ugly… glad not to be the only one

Really like the bead blasted version, went back to my local flashlight dealer and get another one, now I have an identical twin:

Firelight2 wrote

Thanks, I’ll try my copper S1 tailcap. Hope that fits.

Another member already did that. LINK

Yup, S1 and S-mini tailcaps are totally swappable.

Sweet. Gonna have a little Raw Copper/Ti combo then.

Any word on the upcoming Al version, guys? I’ve had a talk with Marshall of Going Gear, and he said maybe Olight is waiting for SHOT Show to unveil it.

(BTW, the photo of the S2’s “soil-blasted” bezel is still coming, but I’m gonna post it in a new thread about wear and tear in special circumstances)

Just did a quick run time test on high with my new Eagletac 16340 but why did the LVP on my cell kicked in? Don’t this S Mini have any LVP?

Reactivated my 16340 and got a reading of 3.06V!?

That’s my biggest complaint about the S10/S1/S-Mini series. Because it supports CR123A cells, there is no LVP. :frowning:

CR123A has a usable range of like 3.6V down to 1.0V, and apparently they sag a lot during use, and the driver doesn’t try to guess which type of cell it’s using. So it’ll happily drain an unprotected 16340 cell until it’s damaged.

At the very least, it could have a voltage readout mode… even if it doesn’t know when to stop for LVP purposes. Then I could know when to recharge the cell, without having to take it out all the time to check with a DMM.