Olight S15R for $22.99 at GearBest

BLF A6 is more like a tweaked flashlight pushed hard ( with eventual QC issues but I haven’t received mine yet ).
The S30 being an Olight fit and finish is supposed to be higher and you have the manufacturer warranty.
As a BLF member I would say get both of course.

S15R and X6R are very different, the Olight is a complete package able to use regular AA, better suited for non-flashaholic.

In my mind the bad quality of the A6 is the reason that this is an easy decision for me because i needed a cheap 18650 for abuse, i have enough shelf queens. The S30 has much higher quality compared to the manker A6 and for most ppl who dont care about the 1600 lumens (for a short time), the olight is the better buy as much as i like the idea behind the BLF A6. Manker needs to improve here, i feel that other budgets lights like non fake convoy’s can do the quality trick

To the S15R: You can give it to a non flashoholic because it can use eneloops and with the 4 dollar extender you can use 2XAA.

All customs know that declared value from China is a joke, but they also know that products from China shipped via regular mail is not high value.
In case your package is being blocked they will have to contact you in order to get an invoice to calculate VAT and taxes all this for a few pounds.
I don’t know how it works in UK, but customs usually focus on counterfeiting, narcotics,…. and eventually large and heavy packages or those with a high value and/or insurance.

In germany you dont have to pay customs for that Olight S30. Everything under 28 Euro is free from the 19% import turnover tax and of course from customs as well. So basically any product ordered from china under 28 euro is like when you buy it in a european store with the differance that european stores want 70-80 Euro for the S30 : p

Darn y’all! :smiley:
Now I have a XinTD X3 on the way, and I’m about to order the S15R for my son. And I thought I was not going to buy any more flashlights for the next month.

But I’ll pass on the S30. I got two BLF A6 lights, and they have worked flawlessly for me. One of them I attached to my combat armor and frequently hang from my uniform and despite taking a beating already, it’s worked like a champ.

Is XinTD X3 good candidate for budget thrower?

I played with my Jacob A60 that I lent to family member at the country side and, it felt to so good with how it could reach forest 400+ meters away and I could discern trees one from another.

I have also Nitecore EA8W which is pretty close to my unmodified A60.

So, is XinTD X3 good candidate for budget thrower?

The XinTD X3 has a slightly smaller reflector than the A60 if I remember correctly, but it is still the most high-quality host I have ever worked on. I have nothing but high praise for it. The thing is a tank.

It was the price protection part of your post that I wondered if it worked not the other bit.

In the UK they use people like us as a revenue stream. The law says a £15.00 purchase is the maximum for no trouble and they are opening more and more packets these days to double check what you have ordered. At the moment I have two packages at the main import depot in Langley that have been with them for at least two weeks. Both items were over £15.00 but not by much. I could get stung for around £18 for them. Most of that amount is pure admin too. I am just hoping they are on the delivery “merry go round” and have not actually been seized.

Hi,
I’ve recently ordered about 6 of these from 2 different sources (Banggood & Gearbest), and ended up with one with a shortened body tube (wasn’t connecting using normal hand tightening, had to do a “Hulk” impression to tighten sufficiently to contact, and started flattening the battery nipple in doing so). Using it with a Trustfire 14500 that was offset at the Protection Board, and now works fine!
So your theory about the occassional factory QC reject creeping in may well be correct.
Cheers,
S-L :slight_smile:

Thanks for info!
Read a bit in another thread where HD2010, X3 and some others were compared and basically its either universal X3 for me or even better, nothing yet!

I think I will observe how things move forward with possible BLF budget thrower, so far only ideas and speculations, nothing firm and nothing set in stone, but I believe it will happen one day and till then I will make do with my barely used EA8W :)!

Eh, if only there was something as good in regards to throw as A60 was for the same 11-12$, wish I had bought 3 not 2, gave both away, one as gift, one by accident(there was no other powerful flashlight at the country side home and it entered service there unintentionally and now its tool late to get it back, its loved out there lol).

Sorry for the misunderstanding and good luck with your customs problems.

To answer your question, yes it “works” since the price protection appears on the product page under “Add to cart”. You have a 72H protection, just send a message to customer support.
They will answer but may “forget” to refund, just insist a little bit.

The price of the extension tube for the s15R dropped about a 1$

Down to only 3.47$

Am I the only one that has just had a load of emails off Gearbest relating to the Olight S30 explaining that they have no stock? I have five emails and yet I only ordered two lights and they were a day apart from one another so I have no clue what is going on with them at the moment.

thanks Ice, ordered two :slight_smile:

I received the same message too. I will wait the stocks to arrive before I placine order again.

I got mine, an extension tube also. Nice quality, the S1 overpowers it though. The charging pad works great, does not overcharge.

How will the run times be on 1AA, 2AA, and 3AA 2000mah Eneloops, especially in moonlight mode? (I bought 2 extension tubes)

Will 2 or 3 AA Eneloops equal the 14500 in brightness?

I’m very wary of magnets because of compasses and CD/DVDs, and electronics and my computer/laptop, is that a rational fear for this type of magnet, and if so, is this magnet easy to pry off of the light?

Will this magnet cause problems being kept in your billfold pocket with your credit cards for instance?

CDs/DVDs are non-magnetic. It would take a much stronger magnet than the S15R’s to cause problems with a laptop. Compases would have to be mere inches away to even be deflected.

Your hard drive has magnets that are FAR more powerful.

Brad, I tried to take the tailcap apart - it was really easy, however, the magnet is either pretty strong so it sticks again inner steel parts(outer charging circle) or is glued or held in place by black central part, not sure, didnt try to demolish my light, but taking apart tailcap is just as with any other light out there, simple and easy. The magnet - not that easy.

Picked up an S30, thanks for the heads up! I’ve been close to getting the S15 for a week or so, but the S30 was just too tempting.

They had the O’Pens for 18 bucks too—mine just came today, and they still have the Lumintop Tool on sale for $12.99 I think. I always wanted one of those Olight pens but there was no way on earth I was paying the 60 bucks or whatever they cost.

Also, I’ve seen slightly better processing and delivery times the last few orders.